Money, money, money...

kim1084's review of Aviva Car Insurance

“Money, money, money...”

Written on: 02/08/2011 by kim1084 (1 review written)

The cover as a whole was what you would expect from any well known company.

My biggest annoyance with this provider is that I unfortunately had to change my policy twice within the year and I was charged a much larger policy premium because of this. I understand that making changes to a policy can influence your premium however I believe the changes I made should not have cost me more.

The first change I made was my car. I changed from a P reg Astra Convertible to a 52 reg Rover 25. According to price comparison websites the Rover should have been in a cheaper insurance bracket however AVIVA decided this wasn't the case and charged £100 more for this car.

My Second change was I moved. I initially lived in the middle of town, parked on a public road with a pub one end and a bar the other and a supermarket behind. I also drove to work every day. I moved to a small estate away from town, my apartment had its own car park with designated parking and I no longer used the car to commute. This (according to AVIVA) would cost a further £21.

It probably doesn't seem like a big deal but that's been my experience so far and it hasn't been enjoyable.

• Never Claimed

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive