No-fault claim

Guest's review of Ageas - www.ageas.co.uk

“No-fault claim”

Written on: 03/01/2018

I was involved in an accident which the other driver admitted was their fault. The police officer said my car would need to be recovered. I phoned my broker,went through various details and they put me through to Ageas. I had to repeat a lot of the information. They arranged for the car to be recovered the same day, it was taken to one of their approved repairers. Unfortunately the nearest one was over an hour's drive away. Ageas arranged a courtesy car through Enterprise. I made a few phone calls over the next week (to the body repair people and Ageas). The body repair firm said the car was uneconomical to repair (structural damage write-off)and valued it at the Glass's guide price (you can't check this on the internet any more). The amount was in between the private sale and Dealer 2 prices in Parkers guide.The settlement letter from Ageas came within two weeks of the accident. I phoned them with my bank details, they then put me through to the body repair company to check I could collect possessions from the car. Less than a month after the accident the money was in my account.

• Recently Settled