Record Rent a Car Review

Richardszs306's review of Record Rent a Car

“Hire car at your own risk !!!!! Hired car through...”

Written on: 09/06/2018 by Richardszs306 (1 review written)

Hire car at your own risk !!!!!

Hired car through rentalcar.com from RECORD GO on 08-06-18 for 8 hours . It was rainault captur. For pease of mind, I also bought full insurance from Rental car.com .

When reached the counter, I was forced and pressed to take full insurance which is €61. Lady on the desk , dint want to listen anything from my end, she was on the mood of hard push insurance sell . I was advised that the insurance I have bought from rentalcar.com, it covers nothing and I may have to pay extortionate amount of money if something happened. I was shocked and quite intimidiated however rentalcar.com assured me that my full protection actually covers everything. Thanks God.

Before the car was handed over to me I had to hand over €1400 deposit for the car and €64 for fuel deposit from my credit card . I had to put all the deposit because I have refused to take full insurance from the counter which I was perfectly agree with. I was also advised that if the dent or body damage is above then 2cm I have to pay.

I was told there is a dent on the front side however upon inspection we found more small dent on the body which we took photos. Points to be noted that the car was kept on the dark place in parking so I couldn't really check all around.

We had no collision nor any damage, journey was really good . Car was kept in secured car park in al hambra palace ,Granada for couple of hours .

Story got more dramatic when we came to return this car in our scheduled time . The lady whom we handed over the key , she was more into looking for pre existing spot and she found one. It was the right hand side wing and very very light marks which I wasn't aware of at all . She dint check anything else which was suspicious. She has advised me that I will be charged . When my friend showed his frustration in nice manner, she has threatened us and in rude manner she stated that if we want to miss the flight we can start arguing with her . Knowing the fact that we have to catch flight in 2 hours so we have decided to settle down.

We all passenger felt the whole situation was like pre planned. I dint take full insurance from them hence they have targeted me . Heard a lot about car rental companies but I never seen such robbery in UK what I have experienced in Malaga airport. They have pre planned and manipulated the situation.

They have charged me €279 for which was really laughable. I was looking for trading standard or such in Malaga or Spain where I can complain.

I would advise everyone , better go for renowned trusted rental car hire and pay extra rather than paying less upfront and ended up with extortionate amount RECORD GO car rental hand. Please Avoid !!!!!!

• 08/06/18

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain, Malaga