CHARGED 124€ FOR INCORRECT MILEAGE

LeiaMcMillan's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“CHARGED 124€ FOR INCORRECT MILEAGE”

Written on: 27/11/2017 by LeiaMcMillan (1 review written)

Rented car from Alicante airport 2/11 to 9/11.Used car to travel to house in Camposol and return only as I use my own car once home.
Checked my credit card statement on 14/11 to find I had been charged for 124€ excess mileage. I was not informed by Goldcar of this excess charge until I queried the credit card statement.
Despite the information I have provided them, still no notification from Goldcar,even pointed out that with 720 allowed Km plus alleged 1350Km excess(2070 Km )I only had to top the tank up to full with less than 20€ worth of petrol prior to return to airport,giving me 103.5 Km/litre !!
I've hired cars regularly for the last ten years and never had this standard of service ever.I can say categorically I will never use this firm again.For those who do ....check and record everything before leaving/returning the hire depot.

• 11/2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 30/11/2017

Hello Leia,
Please note that we can check the matter in order to clarify the matter. In order to assist you personally, please visit our website and open a query. To do so, please access the HELP section and then click on CONTACT US on the top right.
Kind regards,