GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es Review

Antofagasta's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“I just wanted to share my frustration and warn other...”

Written on: 20/11/2017 by Antofagasta (1 review written)

I just wanted to share my frustration and warn other customers from renting at Goldcar.
I rented a car with Goldcar via Ryanair with full cover insurance and Full to Full gas policy. Despite that, they charged extra 126€ as "gas deposit".

When I returned the car, Goldcar employee didn't want to perform the after rental check, they realized I was in a rush. They simply told me to leave the keys in the mailbox. The surprise came today, they sent me a 58,64€ invoice with the following concepts:
- 8€ petrol
- 50€ penalty
- 64cts (who knows why, there is no concept)

It is obviously too late to prove anything as I am not in Spain any longer.
I had a bad feeling from the first minute as they were aggressive and impolite at the counter.
All in all a really bad experience
I have raised two complains, one with Goldcar itself and one with Ryanair that will maybe get nowhere
A rental company to avoid at all cost

• 15/11/2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Alicante

Country & City of hire

• Average

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 27/11/2017

Hello,

For our fuel rates you have to leave a deposit that is unlocked if the customers return the car with the tank as it is delivered (Full). In the case of the Full-Full rate, if the car is not returned with a full tank, the customer will be charged a penalty, the amount of fuel used and the remaining fuel is returned. In case of returning the car with the tank full, the deposit is returned in full.

Please take into consideration that if you need further assistance you can contact with us directly through our Customer Service system for a more personalised assistance on the following link by sending us a query on the bottom right of our website.

Kind regards,