Used to be great!

Zion150's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Used to be great!”

Written on: 12/11/2017 by Zion150 (1 review written)

Used Goldcar many times without problems. Most recent experience was different - pressure to take their insurance (we have our own), then given a dirty car with many scratches and then charged 200 Euros for 'damage', one of the scratches on the car when we took it.

Really it's their loss as we simply won't rent from them again.

• Spain, Murcia

Country & City of hire

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 14/11/2017

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you have to know that our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.

Written on: 16/11/2017

I did all that, opened a case, sent 30 photographs in support of my claim, emailed three times and got no response, then you summarily closed the case online.

The photos show there is no doubt that the car had damage on most panels when I took it, I did not cause further damage, and your service representative would not give me a replacement car and actually walked away from me while I was asking her to inspect the car more thoroughly at point of collection.

It is simply not the case that I caused further damage to your car.

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 27/11/2017

Hello,

First let me explain how important is to follow the procedures. At the time of picking up the car, our agents will always give customers a check out sheet with all the damages the car had previously. We always ask customers to have another look at the car and to mark the damages that we could have missed or that the car may have received while it was parked. This sheet has to be signed again by our agents.
By doing so both parties are aware of the damages the car had at the time of picking it up. When the car is returned, if our agents find something that wasn't marked on the check out, they consider it happened during the rental period. An investigation is opened and, if the customer service team can't find any evidences that the car already had this damage, they charge the customer.

Please take into consideration that if you need further assistance you can contact with us directly through our Customer Service system for a more personalised assistance on the following link by sending us a query on the bottom right of our website.

Kind regards,
Victoria R,
Goldcar Representative.

Written on: 28/11/2017

Thanks but you haven't included a link and you don't respond to my queries on your web site.

I'll do it again but don't expect you'll pay any more attention than before.

141057's Comment

Written on: 24/11/2017

We had the same issue about a year ago. We had used Goldcar many times and they were our 'preferred' car hire company. We then got charged 250 Euros for a scratch on the bumper which we had shown them when we collected the car and also taken photos of the damage. I took the photo as they refused to mark it on the contract due to it being quite small. Eventually got our money back. Have not used them since.

Written on: 27/11/2017

Thanks for your comment. It is amazing that Goldcar so blatantly take money from customers. I suppose they keep the so-called 'cost to repair' low in the hope that most customers will just give up. We won't.

Written on: 28/11/2017

And following her advice that I use the link at the bottom right of their website for more 'personalised assistance' , it's no surprise that there is nothing at the bottom right of goldcar that might conceivably be a means of contacting them.

They have all my details, so I don't understand why they don't contact me directly to resolve the issue.

Deals on Expedia