Gold car rental cost me €900 from initial €43. STAY AWAY!!!

Raduceo's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Gold car rental cost me €900 from initial €43....”

Written on: 11/11/2017 by Raduceo (1 review written)

I've made mistake and booked car from Goldcar in Gran Canaria via Ryanair, before reading reviews. The original cost was €43.30, but actual cost was €900. This is what everyone should know before renting with Goldcar.

I've booked and paid for a VW Polo like car in advance £36 via Ryanair car hire and was supposed to pay €2.32 at the desk, but they charged me additional €29.
I was supposed to leave deposit of €1100, but they took €1213 for some reason. Actually, the money was taken and not just blocked which cost me additional £31 non sterling transaction.

Well the nightmare started with thieves breaking rear door window. They charged me €150, which is supposed to be excess, but this actually covers new window and labour in London, so I assume the labour is cheaper in Spain plus the window should cost about the same. I just paid that. Anyway, they gave me a new car with two damages. I was able to find additional two damages despite very dim light in the underground car park in Gran Canaria airport and had it signed.

The car was booked to be returned at 5:30 and no one was serving out of hours, so I had to push the key through the letter box on the office door as I had a flight to catch. This means I had no signed check in document. Two days later I got email from Goldcar claiming I've done three scratches. One on bonnet which cost €250, one on front door €200 and one on rear door €200. Well, I've been parking in underground expensive car park to avoid this as on street parking in Gran Canaria is worse than in London. Funny enough they did not find my the damages which I had signed.

However the scratches are so shallow you can easily wipe them with T-cut or any paint polish. Actually, if I knew about them I would polish them with toothpaste and clean cloth.

I've contacted Goldcar with complain and they responded I was offered collision damage waiver CDL and refused. I asked for proof of damages and real cost after repair with no response from them.

• 28/10/2017 04/11/2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Gran Canaria Airport

Country & City of hire

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 14/11/2017

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you have to know that our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.

Raduceo's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2017

I've already contacted customer service. Please read the last paragraph above.

I haven't even received my deposit and it has been 2 weeks after I returned my vehicle.

I've started legal action.

Raduceo's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2017

I've already contacted customer service. Please read the last paragraph above.

I've started legal action.

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 27/11/2017

Hello,
Please note that the price shown on our website and the price offered by our brokers is the booking price, it doesn't include any extras, the fuel or the coverage. At the counter you only have reserved the car and in order to take you, you have to pay / deposit these amounts. All of these amounts are shown during the booking process and also it is on our T&C.

As for the question about the deposit, our clients have two options of coverage among which to choose a method of coverage ( it is mandatory to choose one coverage option). You can select our Super Relax coverage which covers the possible damages of the vehicle and has assistance in highway 24 hours, without franchise and without blocking any deposit of the card.

In the case of not wanting to take our coverage, the client has to leave a deposit that starts from € 1100, and when the car is returned, if it has any damages our agent proceed to deduct the amount of the deposit and unlock the rest. In case of returning the car in the same condition as we have delivered it, we proceed to release the total amount of the deposit. To know the exact amount of the deposit, please visit our terms and conditions.

Some of our clients sometimes hire our services through an agency and these agencies offer their insurance that is foreign to Goldcar. In this case, they must leave the deposit and not to choose our Super Relax coverage. In the unfortunate situation that the car is damaged during the rent, the amount of the deposit is deducted and it is the client who has to claim the reimbursement of that amount to his insurer or agency.

Regarding the vehicle damage, let me explain how important is to follow the procedures. At the time of picking up the car, our agents will always give customers a check out sheet with all the damages the car had previously. We always ask customers to have another look at the car and to mark the damages that we could have missed or that the car may have received while it was parked. This sheet has to be signed again by our agents.
By doing so both parties are aware of the damages the car had at the time of picking it up. When the car is returned, if our agents find something that wasn't marked on the check out, they consider it happened during the rental period. An investigation is opened and, if the customer service team can't find any evidences that the car already had this damage, they charge the customer.
Please take into consideration that if you need further assistance you can contact with us directly through our Customer Service system for a more personalised assistance on the following link by sending us a query on the bottom right of our website.

Kind regards,