GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es Review

Trevond1989's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“I made a poor choice and it won't happen again! I...”

Written on: 09/11/2017 by Trevond1989 (1 review written)

I made a poor choice and it won't happen again! I rented a car from Goldcar/Rhodium at the Malaga airport in Spain in September of 2017. Two weeks later, we returned it in excellent shape. Just to make sure, I took pictures of the car from all angles. I had not been impressed with the employees I had seen so far. About 2 weeks later, I received a 350 Euro charge on my credit card. When I emailed the company, they responded with 2 pictures, one of the bumper and the other of the side panel showing the scuff mark. I could see no damage to the back bumper, but there was a superficial scuff mark on the corner of the car. All that I could think is they must use extremely expensive repairman to warrant 350 euros for buffing out a small scuff mark that other companies would have ignored. Essentially, they more than doubled the cost of the rental. I sent our pictures to them and explained that I have Literally rented over a hundred cars in my career from all over the world and have never been treated like this. I have gotten no response but am not surprised - they have my money. After reading other reviews I have now come to the conclusion that they are not a reputable company. I strongly recommend people do not use this company and I will never do so again. Sadly it was expensive lesson!

• September 2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Malage airport, Spain

Country & City of hire

• Excellent

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 14/11/2017

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you have to know that our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.

Nosamlien's Comment

Written on: 10/11/2017

The did the same to me but with ‘additional fuel’ charges.

Allens77's Comment

Written on: 17/11/2017

And me. they obviously do not care. If you read their responses to complaints it is always the same . Not their fault. SIMPLE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY TO HIRE A CAR

Deals on Expedia