My recommendation: DO NOT USE GOLDCAR!

PedroES's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“My recommendation: DO NOT USE GOLDCAR!”

Written on: 08/11/2017 by PedroES (1 review written)

1. You get a car without mats for driver or passengers.
2. You (obviously) use the car during your rent period ;-) It means, apart from driving, also stepping in and out of the car from time to time, with your shoes on.
3. On delivering the car, the personell checks the car, verify it the tank is full, check the trunk and then say that everything is fine.
4. You get back home and receive an e-mail that you will be charged additional 30€ for "Check-In Special Cleaning" because you left some sand underneath your feet.

Anyone can explain it to me, how can you use a rent car without getting some dirt inside where you put your feet during driving? Now I know that when you get a car without mats is just to have an excuse to charge you extra for cleaning because it's impossible to not leave some dirt.

• 11/2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain, Ibiza

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 14/11/2017

Hi,
Thanks for your comment.
We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note that all of our basic procedures are stated on your confirmation voucher as well as on your contract. Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP.

Kind regards.
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.

Cnc18's Response to PedroES's Review

Written on: 08/11/2017

Sadly, the review written by PedroES is correct. We hired a car 24-30 Oct Bilbao Spain had the car checked Ok outside and inside on return with No additional charges. Only to return home and receive an email stating an additional €150 has been deducted from my credit card to cover ‘check in special cleaning’ .
PLEASE BE WARNED DO USE THIS COMPANY