GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es Review

Guest's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“I hired a car in Bilbao. I refused their insurance as...”

Written on: 06/11/2017

I hired a car in Bilbao. I refused their insurance as I have my own. They gave me the keys and a piece of paper in a folder, but only later I realised that the paper was just a diagram of the car, showing no damage. They did not give me the written contract, which I had signed at the desk. The contract was for a full tank, to be returned with a full tank.

I returned the car on time, and with a full tank. I filled it at the filling station just a few hundred metres from their desk (the nearest filling station). When I went to the desk they said they were busy, so just leave the keys, it would be OK. Naively, that is what I did. Nobody checked the car.

Later they sent me an invoice for 200 euros for damage, plus 34 euros for fuel. They had taken a deposit of 1217 euros from my credit card, and their statement said they owed me 983 euros. They then refunded me only 893 euros, an underpayment of 90 euros.

I emailed them about this four days ago and there has been no reply. The only other way to contact them is via an international phone call, which is going to cost more money.

Outrageous.

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 14/11/2017

Dear Mr. Customer,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you have to know that our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility.
Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.