GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es Review

Chaney183's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“At rental desk one is pressured to take high cost...”

Written on: 05/11/2017 by Chaney183 (1 review written)

At rental desk one is pressured to take high cost insurance. If you do not take it staff adopt an aggressive tone. We drove very little during our week of rental as my husband was seriously ill. Therefore the car was parked at the house for most of the week. On returning to Airport I had to get wheelchair for my husband, I organised him and then went to the office with car key. I was informed that there would be a 1 hour delay to check car. I could not wait 1hr as my husband was so so ill. There was NO extra damage to the car other than all the scratches that were on it at start of rental period. ( Every other time we waited to have car checked and never a problem). On returning my husband was admitted to Coronary Care unit for 5 days very ill. 3 days later i was billed for 150Euro by Gold car stating damage to wing of car. I telephoned their customer service to be told there was damage to rear of car. Someone here is lying and it is not me. It is a known fact that car hire companies are doing this to renters who do not or in my case could not wait FOR CAR INSPECTION due to the illness of my husband. Staff of Goldcar in car park drive very aggressively and there is an accident waiting to happen. Due to circumstances mentioned I feel I have lost 150E. FOR THIS REASON we will not be renting from Gold car in the future and will not be recommending AS A CAR hire company of choice.

• october 2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain

Country & City of hire

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 14/11/2017

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you have to know that our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility. I understand that you weren't able to do that and I'm sorry about the situation you have been through during your rental. If you took any photos of the car when you collected it or during the rental this could help you a lot to clarify this matter.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.

Allens77's Comment

Written on: 17/11/2017

Why do they bother to reply. All the answers are the same and Customer Service just fobs you off. Try calling it customer disservice

Deals on Expedia