GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es Review

Guest's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“I was charged 150Euros for cleaning, only left sand...”

Written on: 13/09/2017

I was charged 150Euros for cleaning, only left sand and normal dirt from two weeks hire. I've never had such a scratched, beaten up car, so because they couldn't charge me for more damage, they charged for cleaning instead. Disgraceful. This is a despicable company. They repeated more than five times that I had to take their excess insurance despite getting my own, which they clearly didn't like. PLEASE avoid this company. it may start off cheap, but by the time you pay their extra costs, so expensive.

• 08/17

Date of hire (month/year)

• Tenerife

Country & City of hire

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 26/09/2017

Dear customer,

We’re very surprised with your comment. Our staff is trained to offer an efficient, personalized, satisfactory and polite customer's attention. Furthermore, we have one of the youngest and most extensive fleets in Europe with over 50,000 vehicles which, on average, are less than one year old.

On the issue you described, please note that vehicles are seldom returned to us in a spotless condition but we do expect them to be reasonably clean. Where additional cleaning is required an extra charge is incurred. This is in line with our Terms & Conditions.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.