Very Disappointed now

Poweron135's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Very Disappointed now”

Written on: 01/09/2017 by Poweron135 (1 review written)

My family and I have been using the above company for 7 years for our Car hire and up until the beginning of this year we have had no problem. BUT things have changed
They ripped of my daughter for €300 damage to the bonnet that she was not able to prove.
They stung me by upgrading my car without telling me and then charging me for the upgrade, unfortunately i did not notice the upgrade at the time of signing the hire document.
this week they have taken €270.00 from my credit card for Excess Mileage. fortunately i still have the paperwork for this agreement that stated that I had unlimited Milage. They have stated that a refund will be made. When????

MY ADVICE IF YOU NEED TO BOOK THROUGH GOLDCAR

Take photographs of all angles of the car, outside and inside and include the boot.
take a photo of the mileage reading at the beginning and end of the hire.
Take photographs of the car when returning it.
Get a gold car representative to check the car on return and obtain his signature on the return paperwork. also take a picture of the representative.
You now need to be really savvy when hiring in Spain

• August 2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain

Country & City of hire

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 26/09/2017

Dear customer,
Thank you for your comment. We're always trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please let us explain our clients have two options of coverage. Both appear clearly detailed during the booking process, in FAQ section of our website and in Terms and Conditions of the contract you accepted.

First of all, you can choose a basic rental. With this rate it is needed to leave a deposit that remains blocked in your credit card until the day you return the car. If, unfortunately, the car has any damage, amount of repair costs will be deducted from the excess fee initially blocked.

On the other hand you have Super Relax coverage, with which you don't have to worry about anything because all incidents may happen are covered.

We always recommend our clients to take out Super Relax cover for their own safe and tranquility on the road, but they're completely free to decide about it.

Our staff will always inspect the cars after each use and will mark the damages on the check-out sheet, however, we always ask customers to double check this since the cars can receive damage during their stay in the parking lot. This way both parties are aware of the damage that the car has on it before departing. On return, if our agents find damages that were not marked, they proceed to investigate and if it's considered that it occurred during this rental period, the customer will be charged for it.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.