GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es Review

andytfe's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Just returned an older car to Tenerife South Airport....”

Written on: 23/06/2018 by andytfe (1 review written)

Just returned an older car to Tenerife South Airport. Car was covered in scratches, dings, dents etc. But upon returning it, they have decided that one of these scratches is our responsibility.
What a joke! The car is a complete mess!

The idiot who came to look at it (an absolute mess of a women) told us "you can tell its a new scratch because of the colour" - absolute rubbish.

I pointed out that the other 15 scratches all looked exactly the same.

We also asked to see the last check in sheet from the person who rented it before us so we could see if was already there but amazingly, the woman was unable to show us.

We have filled out their complaint form and also asked for the Government complaints book and filled that out too.

I told the woman the car was in poor condition and covered in scratches and debts and that it was impossible to have marked them all on the sheet before renting it. She smirked, shrugged her shoulders and said "Well that's your problem now, not mine because I'm charging you for it." she then told her colleagues (in Spanish) that I was ill-educated and smiled. I happen to speak Spanish and told her what I thought of her at which point she told us to get out of the office - horrible, devious, mess of a woman. We have own car rental insurance so didn't take their expensive cover and suspected this was why they were trying to charge us for scratches - so that one way or another, they can take far more money off people than the actual cost of the car rental.

I have taken photos and a video of the vehicle to show the condition its in and next I'll be posting this to our massive social media pages for Tenerife where we have over 60,000 members. I'll then be promoting that post at whatever it costs to ensure it reaches well over 500,000 people.

If Goldcar Tenerife want to try and treat me like this, I'll take them to court next, I'll go to my bank and contest the credit card and I will find every review page around and post and post and post.

• June 2018

Date of hire (month/year)

• Tenerife