Fictitious Car Damage Claim & taking Money

AlisaMcConnell465's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Fictitious Car Damage Claim & taking Money”

Written on: 23/04/2018 by AlisaMcConnell465 (1 review written)

When I collected the car, the desk tried to pressure me into taking out extra insurance (which i had already sorted before i went, with another insurer). Goldcar told me i would be making a big mistake if i didn't take it out, as any minor scratch would be very costly for me. Without offering me an option of pounds or Euros, they deducted 1400 euros in pounds (which is a much worse exchange rate).

The car had numerous significant scuffs / scratches, which i didn't mind, but they told me there weren't any, so made sure i took photos of the car before i left.

When I returned the car, again i took photos of the car. They returned much less than 1400 euros, but because they do this automatically on your credit card, you don't find out until you get home (and you interrogate your statement!). When we questioned with them why they hadn't refunded the full about (approx. 100 euros short), they said it was because we damaged the car. We hadn't, so i asked for photos. They sent a photo with a scratch, but luckily i had taken a photo of the exact same part of the car when it was returned without the scratch. I informed them of the error, but they never returned my money.

After 3 months of calls & emails, they ignored me, and refused to discuss the issue, or ignored my emails.

In the end, the credit card company refunded the amount, but never did Goldcar refund the amount, apologise for the error, contact me etc.

PLEASE DON'T HIRE A CAR FROM GOLDCAR. THEY CLAIM DAMAGE THAT DOESN'T EXIST AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTANT ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY.

• May 2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Majorca