Bari Airport - Rude staff & highly illegal pressure

daandeconinck's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Bari Airport - Rude staff and highly illegal pressure”

Written on: 22/04/2018 by daandeconinck (1 review written)

Do NOT conduct business with these people unless you are prepared to pay for the full insurance.

Rude staff and phenomenal and highly illegal pressure selling of excess waiver insurance.
Made it very clear that I had an annual policy with another company and that I was happy to accept euro1400 excess with them - but no, I had to endure 30 minutes of scaremongering and rudeness..
If I come back with a scratch =1400 euro. If I break down with mechanical problem I will not be able to call goldcar for help.. If I come back without number plate =1400euro... But despite me saying yes, that's fine, I accept, the pressure selling went on and on and on...

The 'best' bit was that because I didn't buy the insurance I would have to go downstairs and check the car for damage (which surely should be their job) and then come back and queue up again, so once they finish serving all other customers they will note the existing damage on the car so that I am not liable. (of course if I buy the insurance, this would not be the case).

In the end they forced me into a corner where I had to get the insurance or I would not get my rental car. It was after midnight, airport was closed so they knew very well that I had no other option than to comply.

In essence I would not use goldcar even if the only alternative was to walk!