GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es Review

andy21jones's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“I hired a car through Holiday autos. They give it 6.9...”

Written on: 12/02/2018 by andy21jones (1 review written)

I hired a car through Holiday autos. They give it 6.9 / 10 for t heir own review.
I had a Nissan with 7500 km on the clock. I was told that it had no breakdown cover and that unless I paid an extra 110 euros I would have to pay for any recovery / repairs to the car in the event of a breakdown. I argued that the car should have a manufacturers warranty and breakdown cover but it doesn't.
They will charge you 50 euros plus the cost of fuel if you don't bring the car back full. They block 1400 euro for up to 14 days after the car is returned.
I made sure the car was completely full of fuel and in the same condition as it left the airport. I am waiting to have the 1400 euros unblocked from my card.
Never again Goldcar.

• 7/2/18

Date of hire (month/year)

• Toulouse airport

Country & City of hire

• Excellent

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 06/03/2018

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.
We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note these transactions are not as fast as normal refunds, because our central bank has to process many operations of this kind. This usually could take between 3-5 working days after the contract’s end, so it should be already completed.

Kindly advise that as this was a release of money withheld previously, you shouldn’t expect to see a refund, but a quantity that should be shown as “available” again on your account as we never charged it.

Kind regards.