GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es Review

218Torres's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“I so wish I had read your previous reviews about...”

Written on: 12/02/2018 by 218Torres (1 review written)

I so wish I had read your previous reviews about Goldcar and listened to advice from friends to avoid at all costs. I have rented many times from Alicante who really push you hard to take out their own very expensive insurance and get quite aggressive when you don’t. I have always had small additional charges which they cannot explain but I accepted perhaps foolishly. In February 2018 I was hit with a 1200 fraudulent charge which they cannot produce evidence no matter how much you try. My insurance company have actually said that they are the worst car hire company that they know of by a considerable distance. Avoid at all costs. Please clean up your act Goldcar.

• 2/2018

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain. Alicante

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 06/03/2018

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, you have to know that our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility.
Our staff will always inspect the car after each use and will mark the damages on the check-out sheet, however, we always ask customers to double check it before leaving our facilities. This way both parties are aware of the existing damages before departing. On return, if our agents find damages that were not marked, they proceed to investigate and, if it's considered that they occurred during the rental period, the customer will be charged the corresponding amount as per our matrix (detailed on Anex I on our website's T&Cs')

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.