Godlcar - the worst car rental experience ever

consumerdefence's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Godlcar - the worst car rental experience ever”

Written on: 22/01/2018 by consumerdefence (1 review written)

I never thought you could have such a consistent negative experience at all stages of the car rental process: reservation, car condition, customer service, invoicing

the trouble started while booking a car online.
making the online reservation seemed easy.
But when I tried to extend the booking period by 2 additional days their system refused to process the request.
At the time of the collection we were told that to extend by 2 more days we would have to pay per day as much as we paid for all 3 days so far.
But if we were to take out a full 'Relax' insurance cover we could extend the booking at the same rate per day as was advertised online.
I agreed but what I did not realise that they would give me a car with a serious bodywork damage.
I even had a genuine concern as to how safe and roadworthy the vehicle was.
The staff did not tell me and I only saw extensive damage when arrived at the hotel.
I tried calling the office but the call was redirected to Goldcar Customer Centre in Spain.
After a long telephone call I managed to obtain an email address for the office who rented me the vehicle.
I wrote to them asking why gave a damaged car and did not tell me about it and asked for a replacement.
A day later I received a response that the car was fully insured.
I filed a complaint online and a day later received an email from a Customer Service staff saying how proud they were to manage a modern fleet of 30,000 which are renewed annually.
I asked to review the situation as the coincidence of selling me "relax' insurance and giving me a damaged vehicle seemed to strange.
I asked them to explain the situation and to replace the vehicle which did not seem roadworthy.
I have never heard back form either the office or the customer services.
In the end we were not given an invoice.
When I tried downloading it form the Goldcar website (you guessed it) it did not work.

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

Goldcarrental's Response to consumerdefence's Review

Written on: 25/01/2018

Dear client,

Please note that we do allow to make changes to the bookings online. We are sorry you had trouble doing this via your private area. We also can make amendments if customers contact us via phone or email.

The cost of each day rented depends on many factors and it's more expensive doing these amendments at the office.

Our cars are usually mostly new and we inspect them after each use. That's why we are surprised that the car had such a big damage. We can only believe that the demand was very high and we were our of cars. This is something unusual and we'd like to apologize for it.

Thank you.