Hidden charges BEWARE

Tarynu275's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Hidden charges BEWARE”

Written on: 13/01/2018 by Tarynu275 (1 review written)

After booking a hire car online and paying in full with the extra insurance cover (just to make sure, as you never know) when collecting the car I was asked for a deposit to cover the fuel, I questioned this as it did not state it on my invoice, so I paid the fee and located the car. It had warning lights on the dash and no screen wash in the bottle. When returning the vehicle I was informed that a full refund for my fuel deposit would be received within 24hrs, the refund amount was less than the deposit paid. When I phoned and questioned this they said it was a diesel charge ?? I had not requested a diesel over petrol and had not been informed there was a charge for using a diesel vehicle. This is a hidden charge that is not highlighted or explained when signing for the car !!

• 12/2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Lanzarote

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 05/02/2018

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note that according to our general T&Cs (provision 22): “If the delivered vehicle is Diesel there is an additional charge of 4 €/day.” If our agents didn't inform you about that you should contact our colleagues to get a refund. Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.