GOLD CAR RENTAL STEER CLEAR

anthonyhargreaves's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“GOLD CAR RENTAL STEER CLEAR”

Written on: 05/01/2018 by anthonyhargreaves (1 review written)

We hired a car from Gold car and what a mistake it was.He asked us what insurance we wanted and i said basic. He said could i have your credit card please. I said i do not have a credit card i use a DEBIT car. Sorry we do not take DEBIT cards. No worries i said i will use my wifes as she has a credit card i will use hers. No sorry you cannot use hers because the car was booked in your name and not your wifes. They said if you dont pay for full insurance at 90 Euros you dont take the car away. How do i pay it i had no Euros cash on me. He then said we will take payment from your DEBIT card for full insurance. I said i thought you do not take DEBIT cards? oh we do for full insurance.
I said i normally use Record car hire and he said well go there if your not happy.

• Alicante Airport

Country & City of hire

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 22/01/2018

Hi,

Thank you for your review. It is stated during the booking process that the card used must be in the driver's name. Also, depending on the office, we accept debit or credit. Note that most of the car rental companies doesn't accept debit cards.

We believe that our agents had agreed to charge from the debit card with the condition of purchasing the additional coverage as this would eliminate our liability in case you had an accident.

We strongly recommend always looking at the booking conditions as this would have avoided this unfortunate bad review.

Thank you.