AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

weemorris's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE”

Written on: 13/12/2017 by weemorris (1 review written)

I have a UK based Insurance Policy to cover any claims made against me whilst hiring a car abroad. I've used it before elsewhere without a problem but this crowd told me it was not valid in Spain and I must take out their package. Complete rubbish. But they insisted to the point of rudeness.
It added over £200.00 to my costs.
And when I tried to complain - ?
Just landed after a long flight and a long drive ahead.
The car had body damage and had deep scratches on the dashboard, presumable caused by feet. It reeked of cigarette smoke and took five or six treatments with an aerosol to make travelling in it tollerable.

Don't go near them.
Give their stand a wide birth at all airports.
Hire a bike, a scooter, rollerskates - ANYTHING!
But DON'T HIRE A CAR from them.
BE WARNED!

• NOVEMBER 2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain - Malaga

Choice of vehicles

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 24/01/2018

Hi,

We are surprised with your comments. When our customer arrives to our office without having booked an insurance, we always offer our Super Relax coverage, which covers any of the possible damages that might suffer the vehicle during the rental. If you're not interested in booking an insurance, because you already have one with another company (or you are just sure that your car will not suffer any damages), we offer you the possibility of leaving a deposit of 1100€ or more (depending on the group your car belongs) to cover the franchise if something went wrong.
You explained that you had an insurance with a private company, which is totally acceptable. However, what this insurance does, is covering the 1100€ (or more) that you leave as a deposit when arriving to our office.

All this is specified on our Terms & Conditions.

Kind regards,