Taking money from peoples cards!

awForsyth340's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Taking money from peoples cards!”

Written on: 06/12/2017 by awForsyth340 (1 review written)

Here we have a firm who take pre-authorisation for an amount which basically allows them to charge your card after you have left the country with different amounts. And when you charge below a certain amount eg. 200 euros no flag is brought up as it is a small payment and checks out with your previous location plus you have already keyed in your pin into the machine.
I had 3 payments taken for 80 euros each time tried 3 times within the same 3 minutes. The 4th was declined by their machine. I have no contacted the bank for a chargeback which is in process. I am not bothered but the amount of people who are simply not disputing due to hassle means this company are raking in a mass amount before they close down and then pop up elsewhere under a different company name. Who are Goldcar? They haven't been around for a long time like budget, avis, hertz etc. Best thing to do if you rent from these guys is cancel the card you pay with right after you leave the airport so nothing can be taken. When you get back to the UK just order a new card. It's sad but it is the only way to stop daylight robbery like this occurring. This company is under investigation for .. well the owners are anyway.
First vehicle hired was a very poorly valeted ancient Peugeot and then a citroen was selected in Malta. Everything about this company is poor.

• 11/2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Malta

Country & City of hire

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

Cat009's Comment

Written on: 07/12/2017

DO NOT USE GOLDCAR ......IF YOU DO YOU WILL PAY!!! i have been using goldcar for over 15 years and have always taken out there insurance! this is how the story goes.

I picked up my car from alicante multi storey as i always have done for all the years that i have been going there. on this occasion they were very short staffed, i checked over the car and there were several scratches that were not on the release form to me, i went inside where the queue was 10 deep in people, i managed to get the attention of the person that i know there after hiring every three weeks, i expressed my concerns to be told its ok carry on , i thought well ok as i do know them well. Guess what happened next i receive some photos and a bill for £950 euros which they deducted from my card straight away, yes you got it its a sham, they rent out there cars for peanuts and then trick the client. I expressed my disappointment chased them and chased them until i received a message telling me to read there conditions!! Well thanks GOLDCAR you are total rip off merchants, i beg all of you who are going to use them to steer clear and use AUTOCLICK, they are very honest from the word go I am warning all you people use GOLDCAR at your peril.

Deals on Expedia