False Damaged Claims - this Gold Club member will be moving

003MK's review of Centauro Rent A Car

“False Damaged Claims - this Gold Club member will be...”

Written on: 07/12/2017 by 003MK (1 review written)

I have previously used Centauro at Valencia Airport and once also from Alicante and am a frequent user and Gold Club member with a number of additional reservations in place which I will now cancel.

Previously the service has been good with no complaints, however on the 6th December that all changes after terrible treatment and customer service that provides an appalling experience leaving a bad taste, Gold Club or not I will be moving my considerable business elsewhere and cancelling all current bookings.

Pick up and counter service is generally good, however having just returned the vehicle (a high mileage Skoda was provided) I have been charged with extensive damage costs that were not incurred during the hire period. Whats more the returns office was closed when I arrived at 5.40am and I had to use the Drop Box for the keys - maybe that's the problem - they take advantage (Euro 400) when you are not there. Fortunately I did take a number of photographs of the vehicle on pick up as the vehicle already had quite extensive body damages - scrapes / scratches etc which were not listed on the rental document. Should I have reported them at that time, in hindsight yes, but you expect the company to be honorable - that clearly is not the case. I would be the first to hold my hand up if I had caused damage but in this case certainly did not and had the prior photo's to prove one case - the other is a scratch to the underside of the bumper - I know I didn't hit anything so this must have also been there but who gets down on hands and knees to check this on pick up - I've certainly never seen this done before on return, but then again I would have been present at those previous times.

The customer service is diabolical, I have written and basically they are not interested - Centauro staff make mistakes also but I guess they will never admit this and claim for damage you did not commit - certainly that is the case here.

I will take this to the highest levels including there CEO (Erik Devesa) who I know is experienced in the trade and there shareholders and - Portobello Capital - they need to know that if you are running a successful business then value your customers and provide a full and proper service - not false claims just to make additional income. No doubt they are unlikely to acknowledge or respond to this review.

My advice - if you like the risk of being taken advantage of then book here - otherwise there are lots of reputable good hire companies available in Spain & Portugal and I will be moving my regular business and that of my extended family to another firm. Centauro loose thousands in income rental to gain a few hundred through false mistaken claims.

• Nov-Dec 2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Alicante

Country & City of hire

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to 003MK's Review

Written on: 11/12/2017

Dear customer,

As our Customer Service department explained to you by email, our damage policy is applied to all of our customers if the correct or adequate cover is not taken.

The car was returned with new damages that were not indicated on your initial rental agreement, and therefore, charges were made accordingly.

Our management will be replying to you shortly.

Kind regards, Centauro Rent a Car

003Mk's reply to Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Comment

Written on: 11/12/2017

Dear Centauro,

You are correct you Customer Service team has been in correspondence, however I as I provided you with pictures proving damage was in place prior to the collection of the vehicle your claims are MISTAKEN, INCORRECT and FALSE.

I expect more from a company I previously thought to be experts and provide high customers service - clearly I was wrong and must call into question the companies morals and ethics.

I look forward to the communication from your management team but at this stage must advise any potential users of Centauro to be very careful or avoid following the experience I have had.

In my view it would appear their return vehicle team are looking for opportunities to charge you increased amounts and either have made mistakes in the past and missed prior damage or do not check the vehicles themselves prior to issue. Buyer by very Aware and consider alternative operators would be my standing advice.

Deals on Expedia