A versatile willing camper van that will seduce you.

Rydern34's review of VW T25 Campervan

“A versatile willing camper van that will seduce you.”

Written on: 24/06/2014 by Rydern34 (1 review written)

I recently bought a 1983 water cooled T25 camper, all though it needed quite a bit of attention to the body work, my wife and I decided to take it for a three day break, I soon got used to the high forward driving position, the steering was very easy with the large wheel and good turning circle, making parking very easy, I found that in tight spaces one could easily enter and leave the van via the side sliding door. The rock and roll bed was very comfortable and easy to set up, Pulling in to a camp site for the evening we were able to plug in to the site electrics and turn our fridge over to mains voltage. It is quite a powerful engine and one must keep an eye on the speedo as it is quite easy to be travelling to fast as the rear engine is rather quiet, . Off road she performed rather like my old Landrover with the suspension doing all that was expected of it..after three days I was still finding unexpected cupboards and storage places..the oil and water checks each morning were easily done as the rear number plate hinged down to reveal both of your filling points.. We travelled about one hundred and fifty miles through the Welsh mountains for our first trip, and both me and my wife fell in love with the camper all though we picked up some dirty fuel at one point and for about half an hour it did some kangerooing !! how ever it soon cleared and continued to run as smoothly as before..