Dreadful

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

hlFerguson433's review of Max Spielman

“Dreadful”

Written on: 27/06/2014 by hlFerguson433 (1 review written)

I visited the new max Spielmann in my local Tescos and was rather surprised at a 'studio' not much larger than 1m square.I had to wait 10 minutes while the gorl served two customers and spoke on the phone. The lighting used was cheap and when I asked how the assistant could take an image (as advertised in the leaflet) of a topless adult with a baby in a busy store and with limited space she said -'You'd be surprised what some people will do.' Due to the lack of space I asked what lens she used and she didn't understand the question. She said she didn't have a lens she had a camera.......then produced a naff little bridge camera. I asked about lighting variation with only one light and she said this could be done in photoshop. Blimey! I asked if 'Rembrandt lighting' could be done with only one light and she assured me this could be photoshopped, too!!!Incredible!!! At this stage I realised that anyone who visited Max Speilman's travesties of 'studios' were in the hands of someone who knew nothing whatsoever about photography. No C&G qualifications here, let alone studying to Degree level. Just a young lass with a cheap camera who knew nothing. Dreadful indeed.

• Chorley