Good & honest service

393Forbes's review of North London Motorcycle Training - www.northlondon-mct.co.uk

“Good and honest service”

Written on: 17/05/2018 by 393Forbes (1 review written)

I´ve been several times at NLMT in the last 12 months for several reasons and I could only describe it as knowledgeable staff at all levels with honest service and pricing.
WORKSHOP: Visited the workshop a few times with a Yamaha I didn’t buy from them, but I still always received a great service. First time I went, my bike had been stolen so it had the handlebar misaligned. Previously in a Yamaha dealer they quoted me around £200 (easy job but loads of hour and specific tools I don’t have). The guy at NLMT was very knowledgeable and saw the bike, took it for a ride and aligned it in the “hard” way, which worked great and he didn´t charge at all! I couldn’t be happier! Second time I went to replace the fork seals and the job took way more than expected, so they gave me a replacement bike for 2 days so I could go to work (a vespa 250gt I really enjoyed and appreciated). At the end they charged less hours they spent, and the bike was perfectly repaired. In top of that they helped me to diagnose a problem with the bike so I could fix it myself. Very honest guys.
TRAINING: I did my DAS course (4 day) and passed the first time, both mod1 and 2 on the 4th day (phew!). They bike was new and had ABS, and I borrowed some boots which I didn’t have back then. I had three different instructors (all very competent in their own way), overall I liked the sessions and how they focused on the different areas to prepare you for the test. However, I would say I liked more the approach of the week instructors (can’t remember their name) rather than weekend one. They were more relaxed and instructions seemed more consistent than during the weekend, I guess it´s because those guys are there 5 days a week and they have more practice?... Anyway, 5* training and totally recommended!
PARTS: I bought several parts for my bike for self-repair and price and deliver was always perfect, and they guy  was always very helpful recommending different options, etc.
STAFF: from everyone at the reception, workshop, owners and instructors they were all very nice, friendly and helpful in their different departments. You always feel welcome to go and have a cup of tea and chat with them.