Effective, no nonsense training

burnabao's review of Alpha Motorcycle Training www.alphamct.co.uk

“Effective, no nonsense training ”

Written on: 17/05/2018 by burnabao (1 review written)

As a long-time learner with CBT I finally resolved to get a full license and had a good initial chat witha man to work out a DAS course to fit my needs. I was booked onto a 5 day course which consisted of one day on a geared 125cc; two days' training on a 650cc machine; one morning of training with Mod1 test in the afternoon and one further morning, with the Mod2 test in the afternoon.

During my course I was paired with a variety of other students (with a variety of skill levels) but across the board the team at Alpha were always looking to do one thing: create safe, sensible motorcyclists. There are a few negative reviews here about instructors' tone/comments etc. but I will say this: if you listen to their advice, and follow their instructions, you will have no problems. Ultimately they are there to give you the skills so that you don't kill yourself on the road, not to be your best friend! I passed my Mod1 first time with no faults, and got no faults on my Mod2 apart from thinking I was in a 40 zone when it was actually a 30(fail!). The person I dealt with managed to get me another set of tests booked in just 2 weeks (I had to repeat Mod1 as my theory expired in the meantime...) and this time I got through both modules with zero faults again. That is 100% down to the teaching I received.

The bikes provided were in good nick, considering they're used day-in, day-out by learners. Facilities on site are basic, but perfectly functional (again, this isn't supposed to be a spa day).

If you're in the Wembley area (or even if you're not) these guys should be at/near the top of your list when looking to become a motorcyclist.

• 5/6 Days