Customer service is a massive letdown

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Guest's review of Virgin Media, www.virginmedia.com

“Customer service is a massive letdown”

Written on: 29/11/2012

I have the full shooting match. The telephone is faultless. The broadband is pretty good. I was delighted to hear that my internet bandwidth was to be doubled from 30Mb to 60Mb FREE of charge. I still get an average of about 15Mb, the same as before the free increase, fancy that. Today the TV goes in.

All the services that I have had have been reliable and, although they don't necessarily live up to Virgin's promises/claims, have been better than anything that I have had from the competition.

I have been fortunate enough not to need customer service too often because this is the weak link. I have been waiting to be changed onto a static IP address for about 4 to 6 months. Despite numerous promises there has been no change yet. Waiting on hold for long periods, even when I was trying to expand my package, is inconvenient and mildly annoying. To be ignored takes it to another level. Thank god the systems are so good, if I had to rely on their customer service I would be gone.

• Reliability