Terrible service & miss sold Fibre broadband

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

jeffw663's review of PlusNet Broadband www.plus.net

“Terrible service and miss sold Fibre broadband”

Written on: 29/06/2018 by jeffw663 (1 review written)

When I called Plusnet to move I was told that standard broadband was no good and I needed fibre, as a customer since 2011 I foolishly believed this. I subsequently found that as they provided standard broadband before the fibre was connected it was more than adequate for my needs. I was also told that I would be charged for fibre but the accounts dept would sort out the overcharge and refund me. This never happened and I was charged £185.88 for advance line rental when in fact their head of customer service advised me that I had paid £113.88, an over charge of £72.00.
They also advised me that I had fibre broadband connected to 2 address, which proved after over an hour of telephone calls not to be the case.
We were never advised of our landline number and had to call our daughter who did a 1471 and called us back with our new landline number.
They have to date refused to refund the overcharges they have made.
Finally their claim to answer the phone within minutes, fails to point out that you are then kept waiting for anything up to 1/2 hour to speak to someone.
I now pay £20/month compared to the price of £40/month that Plusnet were charging me.

Be warned.