WordPress made me a WebPro

• Ease Of Navigation

kalovescope's review of Wordpress

“WordPress made me a WebPro”

Written on: 30/11/2012 by kalovescope (2 reviews written)

I had to use WordPress to build a site at work; my experience was so excellent that I moved the rest of my company’s domains over so the rest of our sites would look as good.
For blogging, it’s free, simple, and allows some customization. For professional sites, I have tried a number of other site-builders, and WordPress is the easiest and most customizable site I've found. The themes they offer are nice, but what I loved is that they allow themes purchased from third-party designers, as well as an entire library of plugins that add everything from photo galleries to contact forms to SEO and traffic statistics.
One note of caution: there is a wordpress.ORG (good, cheap, very user-friendly and HIGHLY customizable) and a wordpress.COM (expensive, limited functionality, and limited customization). I mixed the two up once and almost wasted $99 on a site I could barely customize. Fortunately, wordpress.COM does have a very reasonable refund policy.

Wordpress.ORG is where I have had my good experiences.

• Ease Of Navigation