Not for me & here's why.....

Guest's review of Reiki Therapy

“Not for me and here's why.....”

Written on: 16/07/2017

I have been given Reiki treatments many times by so called reiki masters as well as someone who has been training reiki students for at least 25 years or more. I have to report that I have never had a positive outcome from any Reiki treatment for my lower back pain, occasional sciatica, foot neuropathy, even minor arthritis in my hips. No relief what so ever. And I have been given Reiki treatments by 6 reiki masters at one time for 20 minutes. Nothing, nada, zilch effects on relief. I will admit, lying on a massage table and relaxing while someone worked over me was very pleasant and relaxing, but I experienced no relief during the session or afterward for pain or discomfort. Now, I would say 20 percent of the people I know in my circle of friends either are reiki practitioners or get reiki treatments regularly. So I am very familiar with the concept and practice of it. In fact I even took a first and second level reiki course myself in order to learn more about it. I still have found it totally useless except that it makes me feel like I have some kind of super powers and special technique that makes me a so called Healer. So it makes my ego feel good and boosts my self esteem like somehow I am part of the mystical universe of energy and healing. But it's truly all a sad lie. For me, the greatest Healer is Love and Empathy. I believe that that does more for healing the wounded body and soul than any voodoo technique with your hands. If I was making my living off of it I would be touting it as well as having the healing powers that they claim, but then the only thing I am truly healing is my own pocketbook.