Veeraswamy, Picadilly Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Veeraswamy, Picadilly - Ask a question now

“Just not Indian”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by Jamie1945 (9 reviews written)

Hyped by my UK friends, "We'll take you to the best Indian restaurant in the world." I'm Anglo-Indian and I think they wanted to impress me. Such a disappointment. Hardly any vegetarian food whereas we eat pure-veg every day in India. Also, duck is not an Indian food. It is Chinese really. I was almost expecting to see beef served; which would have been a serious put-off and I'd have walked out. But they didn't list it. Only the rice and the breads seemed authentic. The atmosphere is geared… Read Full Review

“Veeraswamy is the oldest Indian restaurant in London...”

Written on: 24/02/2006 by ChrisHunt (12 reviews written)

Veeraswamy is the oldest Indian restaurant in London and it serves outstanding authentic Indian dishes. It had a refurb at the end of last year and it is beautiful with lots of glass, colour and candles.
The food is great and I loved the mussels followed by the lamd biryani. The waiters and waitresses are extremely helpful… Read Full Review