Peugeot 407 SW Reviews

• Reliability

Peugeot 407 SW - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Peugeot 407 SW

Peugeot 407 SW

“PEUGEOT 140 SPORT A DEATH TRAP”

Written on: 06/10/2013 by rehaghey (1 review written)

GOT 407 SPORT WITH 26000 ON CLOCK AT 33000 HAD TO FIGHT WITH PEUGEOT DEALER TO GET A NEW CLUCH AND NOW WITH 52000 THIS CAR HAS CUT OFF ALL POWER AS I WAS ON THE ROAD THIS HAPPENED TWICE IN ONE DAY I COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED TOOK BACK TO THE DEALER THEY DID NOT WANT TO KNOW ALL THEY WANTED WAS MY MONEY I WILL NEVER BUY A PEUGEOT AGAIN OR INDEED LET ANYONE I KNOW BUY ONE I HAVE GOT RID AND TOLD THE NEW OWNER ALL THE TROUBLE I HAD… Read Full Review

“Changed to 407SW from Ford Mondeo and it isn't a patch...”

Written on: 11/06/2010

Changed to 407SW from Ford Mondeo and it isn't a patch on the mondeo. Car is sluggish and hesitates when on cruise. Gearbox is very clunky and whines. Handling is poor. Don't find seats very comfortable. Spaces in boot is poor and back seats do not fold down properly. Quite like look of car, but would never buy again… Read Full Review

“I have now had two Peugeot 407's, one a saloon and one...”

Written on: 28/05/2009

I have now had two Peugeot 407's, one a saloon and one an SW both diesels and both have been good cars. The first (the saloon) was excellent until it reached 90,000 miles. after the 90000 mark I kept getting different m anagement control signals and the car spent a lot of time at the dealers. As one of the previous writers said the faults did not register on the computer. My second one 407Sw I have had for nnear three years but this one has only don 49000 and so far had not had any problems. I… Read Full Review

“ The 407 sw se 2.0 petrol is a brill car lots of...”

Written on: 05/02/2009

The 407 sw se 2.0 petrol is a brill car lots of space and a good ride. I am on the motorway everyday and it is very comfy and good to drive My Peugeot 407 SW does have a noisey gearbox around town but overwise good. I like thise car as it has lots of room good to drive. Love the full glass roof and its looks. My 407 is a 55 reg low miles and cost me very little money so very happy. It had 36000 miles onthe clock full service hist and a full 12 months mot+6 months tax all this car for… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have a 2006 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi sport 6 speed manual...”

Written on: 16/12/2008

I have a 2006 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi sport 6 speed manual since it was 12 months old it developed a whining noise in 4th and 5th gears when I took it the Peugeot dealers they said all 407s do this bearing in mind it had never done it before I have also had numerous visits due to a knocking noise coming from the front end when turning left and right they fitted a new lower o/s ball joint and this never rectified the problem I spoke to the dealers they said let the problem progress I took it back to… Read Full Review

“My old 2004 Reunault Laguna (95000 miles 50mpg) was a...”

Written on: 09/11/2008 by raystyles (1 review written)

My old 2004 Reunault Laguna (95000 miles 50mpg) was a much nicer car than the 407 (40,000miles old) had for 3 good years. Both Laguna and 407 2l Diesels same performance. ESP switch's itself off after a mile. Drivers seat bad lumber support. Go for C5 for looking after your back motoring. No locking fuel cap struggled with remote.
Release on 406 failing with cable stretch they gave up with simple proplem. Easy to deck front spoiler. Ugly front air inlet… Read Full Review

“Would have expected a main dealer to be more helpful...”

Written on: 14/09/2008 by miketriv (1 review written)

Would have expected a main dealer to be more helpful and own up to the fact that they caused the fault. No clear explanation. Took car to dealership for major service and inspection. Sat nav and colour screen working, got it back, not working! Dealer says not their fault. Refuse to put it right, have had it diagnostics put say its a fault that was already there. No so! was using the sat nav to get to thier premises. Also voice comand now not working and thats a toy I use a lot… Read Full Review

“An excellent motor apart from the problem detailed...”

Written on: 30/04/2008 by Trewhitt (1 review written)

An excellent motor apart from the problem detailed above and creating extremely dangerous and I consider highly dangerous situations! Engine lost revs twice at about 80 mph on German Autobahn. Fortunately I was able to get to hard shoulder with engine just ticking over - still had steering and brakes. Stopped car, switched off and then back on and everything as it should be. Then try getting back in to a very fast moving stream of traffic!
Car at dealers on a number of occasions but they fitted… Read Full Review

“This Peugeot 407 SW is the worst car I have ever...”

Written on: 03/10/2006 by John Payne (1 review written)

This Peugeot 407 SW is the worst car I have ever owned. I did not realise that "The drive of my life" meant fighting to get from the third lane of the motorway to the hard shoulder with an engine that has lost all power.

Because the fault does not store on the "on board" computer, the dealer claims there is nothing they can do to rectify it. A new EGR valve has been fitted without success. The response from the dealer and Peugeot customer care has bordered on the non existent. Nothing would… Read Full Review

Pacific405's Response to 261982_John Payne's Review

Written on: 07/01/2007

If only I had read this guys review earlier! Alas, I was hypnotised by her good looks and suckered into parting with £11,000 of my hard earned money for a jet black 407 hdi saloon. The 'EGR VALVE', whatever that is, was faulty, so after merely two weeks of moderate driving, my pride and joy was sent to a Peugeot technical centre; it's still there five weeks later, and no word from anyone, no updates good or bad.
<br/>
<br/>Think carefully about the purchase of this range of cars, as this is obviously a problem on a number and is not a quick fix. Until you know it's been rectified, I would be a little reluctant to part with my money.
<br/>
<br/>But strewth, what a looker!!!

Davero's Response to 261982_John Payne's Review

Written on: 15/05/2008

As a 407SW owner and use my car for a living in just over a year l have clocked up over 117,000 other than fair wear and tear l have found the car reliable but l have to agree with John Paynes rating and mainly the cut out of the engine without warning it has happened about six times to me even though it was supposed to have been rectified by the dealer definately will not purchase another.

350646_Sjb11's Response to 261982_John Payne's Review

Written on: 10/03/2008

This has happened to my parents recently. The first 407 did it twice (despite them assuring my parents that they had rectified the issue after the first occurrence). They consequently changed the car for another 407 and it happened within the 1st week. What did Peugeot do? Did they offer a refund? They seem a little reticent to refund the monies to my parents.