Thomas Cook Lapland to see Santa Reviews

Thomas Cook Lapland to see Santa - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Thomas Cook Lapland to see Santa

Thomas Cook Lapland to see Santa

“Went to Lapland with Thomas Cook 11.12.10 for the day...”

Written on: 12/12/2010

Went to Lapland with Thomas Cook 11.12.10 for the day trip with my Mum and 2 sons aged 3 and 6. We were all very disappointed.
When you arrive in Lapland, the plane is divided onto 4 coaches, and that is your group for the whole day.
When you get to the Reindeer park, there are 5 activities: seeing Santa, Reindeer ride, Lappish story in the tipee, hot Juice in a tipee, and husky dog ride. But you do each of the activities with your coach load of people - which resulted in most the day… Read Full Review

Klord's Comment

Written on: 18/12/2010

I very much agree with this review. I also went to Lapland with Thomas Cook on 11 December. I went with my mum, sister and 3 children aged 4,5 and 6. The whole reason for going was to experience the magic of seeing the 'real' Father Christmas. However, this aspect of the trip was extremely disappointing. We did not feel there was any magic at all, rather a rushed and cramped experience with an unrealistic Father Christmas. I fully expected my 6 year old to ask why he was just someone dressed up when he was supposed to the real deal! The other major disappointment was the incredible amount of time spent hanging round in the freezing cold in near pitch black darkness. I had not appreciated it would be dark for almost the entire duration of the visit and we felt that the lighting and opportunities to warm up at the huskies and snow games was wholly inadequate. Our children got upset by the cold and the darkness, as did many of the others, turning a once-in-a-lifetime experience into a rather stressful occasion. The airport experience in Lapland for the return journey did nothing to round off the day well with huge queues leading to a delayed flight.

“Booked with Thomas cook the service from the reps was...”

Written on: 02/02/2009 by mel1234 (1 review written)

Booked with Thomas cook the service from the reps was excellent throughout , tripas was fantastic kids loved the snowmobiles, hotel perfectely situated to the town of rovenemi all in all this was a fantastic package the trips were excellent as was the reps, we all really enjoyed it and would love to go again i a few years, don't miss santas vilage it is out of this world it will defo make u feel christmassey… Read Full Review

Chuzelbug's Response to mel1234's Review

Written on: 27/06/2010

I found this review helpful because...totally confused about which company to go with!

“I took my 33 year old daughter to see Santa (I am 56)...”

Written on: 29/11/2006 by sarasarni (1 review written)

I took my 33 year old daughter to see Santa (I am 56) we had one of the best girly fun days out that we have ever had together, with the magic of Santa and of course the retail therapy at Santa village. All our friends and relatives loved the cards we posted from Lapland! I am going again this year with Thomas Cook with my 52 work colleague and we cannot wait!… Read Full Review

“The main reason to go to Lapland is to see Santa and...”

Written on: 23/02/2006 by carl Groombridge (20 reviews written)

The main reason to go to Lapland is to see Santa and we did see him, however due to splitting the group into four this gave very limited time for the children to speak to him.
The other events were Husky rides, Riendeer sleigh rides, and a native introduction to life in Lapland then a visit to the pretty but commersial SANTA VILLAGE. The day could have had less to do and this would have allowed for us to see more. When the guide got behind the whole day seemed very very rushed. A shame when… Read Full Review