DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro Reviews

• Quality

DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro - Ask a question now

“Piece of junk”

Written on: 04/07/2013 by Freddyfromnowhere (1 review written)

This is the worst piece of software I have ever encountered. They brag about how great their support is and what wonderful instructions and video tutorials they have. But, they all suck. Some guy by the name of Drew claims to be so helpful, but it is a case of explaining something in a thousand words that only should take about fifty. It appears to software can do anything, but I can't get it to even record ONE single song without static or some other audio problem. I wish I could talk to… Read Full Review

DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro

“This is a peace of junk...and there is no technical...”

Written on: 30/03/2013

I have tried in vain to contact these people for the last 2 weeks. I sent 4 emails, left 4 voice mails and that was over a week ago I have heard from no one. The first turntable they sent did not work I paid over $25.00 to ship it back they sent a new one that actually works, but I never got any software. I got the key to unlock the software, but no software to unlock. This is not a company, this is just some guy in a room somewhere scamming people, while hidding behind dead email links and… Read Full Review

Macgenius's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2013

The Backup download page will open in your web browser.
In large font red letters look for
OK, THESE ARE YOUR ACTUAL DOWNLOAD LINKS
Below you will see links to your programs.

Right click each link and choose
Save Link (or Target) As

When the Save As dialog box opens
click the Desktop button (to the left)

Click the Save button to save the installation files to your desktop.

When the downloads are complete
double click the files to start the installation procedure.

Does it work?

DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro

“playback skips after recorded”

Written on: 26/02/2013

I have windows 7 and had purchased the DAK mp3 and wave editor 6.1b. when I would record a vinyl record, it sounded fine while recording but when I played the recording back, when the recording reached a certain point the recording began to skip. It would continue to skip during the rest of the record. I decided to purchuse an updated version of the software, but the same thing happened. I contacted DAK support, but the issue could not be resolved. I can use another recorder and the record… Read Full Review

“Great program!”

Written on: 17/01/2013

Contrary to the negative feedback I have read prior to purchasing this system, I believe this is a great product and went ahead and bought the complete turntable and mixer set. I have had a very easy experience, except could not locate my personal key codes, and customer service answered my inquiry within one hour. I now have many converted LPs in digital files on my computer, and am having a ball! Thank you DAK PS- The turntable is extremely high quality, and great even to simple play through… Read Full Review

Thehairgenie's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2013

Is there a phone number that they will answer? I wish someone could tell me how to contact these people. They do mot answer thier phone and do not respond to my emails.
The technical support line on their website does not work. How do you get support.
I got the code to unlock the soft ware but I never got any software downloads to unlock...no one will cal me back,

“Never again”

Written on: 22/12/2012 by Acurt (1 review written)

The hardware interface was great but the software , Wow , forget about it ! After hours invested over 5 days on a Windows 7 64 bit system I found out there was no way this would work and I was wasting my time . The so called "Holy Grail" editor was a total glitchy joke ! The only support is a overstressed guy name Sol who you can only contact by email with a 9 hour delay between responses . It is a shame , but this piece of "S" is going back in the mail on 12/21/12 . Going with Roxio for $36… Read Full Review

“DAK Support lacking”

Written on: 30/01/2012 by bobstrouse (1 review written)

Fortunately I have multiple PCs networked so I can store files on my network storage system and access the files from any PC. I installed the DAK 6.1 software on a Windows Vista PC to copy files from LPs and cassette tapes. However the depopper software does not work on this PC so I use my netbook with Windows 7 Starter to run the depopper and it works fine. I reported the problem to DAK on 1/7/12 and received a reply 5 days later with the question "Does this happen with any mp3 or .wav file… Read Full Review

DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro

“DAK Wave Ed - Win 7 incompatibility?”

Written on: 21/01/2012 by OvertheHorizon (1 review written)

This is a review for the DAK Wave * MP3 Editor Pro, v. 6.1b I bought the full system (mixer, turntable and Editor) and like it very much, with three exceptions. It's easy to use and does its job well normally. I'm using it nearly daily to convert a large LP library to wave files, with good results thus far except as noted below. I run Windows 7 and DAK 6.1b. (1) On my system pressing the "play in loop" button after either reading or writing a wave file (*.wav) DELETES ALL music files in the… Read Full Review

DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro

“DAK turntable/mixer system-good idea very poor...”

Written on: 20/04/2011 by Dan Espey (1 review written)

DAK turntable/mixer system-good idea very poor quality. 3 weeks old with about 5 hours of use and it stopped working. The customer support is the worst I have ever encountered. Forwarding your call to India would be an upgrade. Only E-mail and nobody to talk to for help. When the system fails the customer has two choices diagnose & fix it yourself or send the defective system back at the your own expense. Would not surprise me if DAK was a single desk in somebodys garage.
D. Espey… Read Full Review

DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro

“I have had nothing but problems with DAK 6.1 using...”

Written on: 26/12/2010 by mjs2625 (1 review written)

I have had nothing but problems with DAK 6.1 using Windows 7. I have had my sound card checked out online by HP. DAK's online software customer service said there was something wrong with my sound card, and there is nothing wrong with my sound card. I have had so many email contacts with DAK's customer service and they have not been able to help me fix my problem. It has even got to the point now that they will not answer my email requests for help and this is after I contacted the… Read Full Review

DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro

“The DAK Wave Editor PRO v6.1b is apparently not...”

Written on: 20/01/2010

The DAK Wave Editor PRO v6.1b is apparently not compatible with the Windows 7 operating system.I have experienced the following:-
1.If I decide not to keep changes made to a file and exit the editor,all my original files in the source folder are deleted from my hard drive.There is no safe exit or discard option. This has not been disputed, refuted or explained by DAK customer support staff.
2. The 'Toolbox' drop-down menu has a long list of separate applications, many of which are not… Read Full Review

K Banister's Comment

Written on: 27/01/2010

I have the w/7 oper.sys. on cp I had same save problems as this review I ran the pro v6 through w/7 capatibility program located in contrl pnl clk program>previous windows version >next>settings select epv6.1 run under xp/w serv. pack 2 for previous windows this solved my save problems

DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro

“The DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro program is easy to...”

Written on: 16/04/2009

The DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro program is easy to install, easy to use and has the most complete and well designed manuals that I have ever seen… Read Full Review

Gww's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2011

Which OS did you use? Was it Vista, by any chance? Did you use the DAK 7.1 version?
<br/>I'd like to buy this product, but there are many comments about problems with Vista.
<br/>Thanks, GW

DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro

“If you have a bunch of LP's lying around with music...”

Written on: 20/02/2006 by bassintom (1 review written)

If you have a bunch of LP's lying around with music you can't find on CD's, then DAK Wave & MP3 Editor Pro is what you need. The hardware/software allows you to easily put all your LP music into your computer to burn onto CD's or load into your iPod. The system works great. You can record individual songs or entire albums. The support from DAK is second-to-none.

Using a quality turntable and clean LP's, I have CD quality recordings. On most songs you can't even tell they came off an LP.

I… Read Full Review