Panasonic DMC-FZ7 Reviews

Optical Zoom: 12x
35mm Zoom Lens: 36 - 432 mm
Digital Zoom: 4x
Focus Type: Autofocus&Manual Focus
Focus Range: 11.81 in. to Infinity (w) / 78.74 in. to Infinity (t)
Macro Focus Range: 1.97 in. to Infinity (w) / 78.74 in. to Infinity (t)
Focal Length: 6 - 72 mm
Image Quality
Camera Resolution: 6.37 Megapixel
Image Resolutions: 640 x 4802816 x 21122304 x 17282048 x 15362048 x 13601600 x 12001280 x 9601920 x 1080
Video
Video Resolutions: 320 x 240 (QVGA)640 x 480 (VGA)
Exposure Control
Aperture Range: f8/f8 (w/t) - f2.8/f3.3 (w/t)
Shutter Speed: 60 - 1/2000 sec
White Balance: AutoManualDaylight / Sunny (Preset)Cloudy (Preset)Halogen (Preset)Flash (Preset)
Frames Per Second: 3 Frames
Storage
Memory Type: MMC CardSD Card
Compression Modes: FineNormalUncompressed
Compression Type: JPEGTIFFDPOF 1.1
Flash
ISO Speeds: Auto100200400800160080
Flash Type: Built-In
Flash Functions: Flash OffAuto FlashFill-in FlashRed-eye Reduction FlashSlow Sync
Viewfinder / Display
Power Supply
Battery Type: Proprietary Lithium
Battery Life: 340 Images
Included Features
Self Timer: 2 Sec.10 Sec.
Built-in Microphone: With Built-in Microphone
Built-in Speaker: With Built-in Speaker
Other
Height: 7.2 cm
Width: 11.3 cm
Depth: 7.9 cm
Weight: 0.3 kg
Exterior Color: BlackSilver
Included Accessories: SoftwareUSB CableVideo Cable16 MB Memory CardLithium BatteryBattery ChargerLens CapStrap

“My conclusion:”

Written on: 26/07/2008

My conclusion:

This is an excellent camera. I decided on it after considering several models from other manufacturers. After trying it out for a few weeks, I knew that I had< made a good choice in picking the FZ7.

The Lumix DMC-FZ7 is my first camera so far, and to this day I don't regret I chose it.

The pictures I take are mostly nature, especially birds and close-ups.

The DMC-FZ7 is not targeted, or intended for casual point-and-shooters.

I would recommend this camera, or the newer, improved FZ8, FZ18 or FZ28 for people who want the… Read Full Review

“I have used the Panasonic DMC-FZ7 camera for almost...”

Written on: 27/01/2008 by noteinstein (1 review written)

I have used the Panasonic DMC-FZ7 camera for almost two years and it has never let me down , friends and family love the photos it produces. You can use it as a simple point and shoot and be sure of getting a good photo or advanced users can be creative with shutter or aperture priority or even full manual control. If I part with the fz7 it will only be to buy a fz18 for an even longer zoom.
You can't go wrong with this camera… Read Full Review

“Not bad for the money (£157 delivered) I expected...”

Written on: 23/03/2007 by fox1 (8 reviews written)

Not bad for the money (£157 delivered) I expected better image quality, clearer viewfinder and certainly crisper images. Panasonic have to work on the blown hoghlights..too many pictures ruined. Metering seems a bit hit or miss. Good point and shoot camera but expect above average spoiled pictures… Read Full Review

“Bought the camera for its impressive optical zoom...”

Written on: 28/08/2006 by babus123 (2 reviews written)

Bought the camera for its impressive optical zoom lens. This coupled with the Leica lens do not disappoint. Both aperture and shutter speed controls are easy to use which allows very creative photography. The simple "heart" setting means that children can use the camera and still produce good results. Battery life is impressive. Coupled with a 1GB card you have enough space for plenty of high quality photos.

Camera is surprisingly light when you first pick it up which gives a "cheap"… Read Full Review

“I was looking for a 12 x camera with OIS, and I was...”

Written on: 17/05/2006 by alvinlwh (31 reviews written)

I was looking for a 12 x camera with OIS, and I was considering a FZ5 when I come across the Panasonic DMCFZ7BS. For just £30 more, I thought it would be better to get a newer camera.

This camera was great; a big improvement over my LZ1. The best thing (and selling point) about this camera is its 12 x zoom. What it did not say on the box is that it becomes 16.5 x zoom if the picture is taken below 6MP, which is over 450mm! The OIS works to cancel out hand shake at such huge zoom numbers. There… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to alvinlwh's Review

Written on: 18/05/2006

alvin.......thanks for the first review of this cam on Review Centre -- I see it can be got for less than £260 and is definitely on my short list.
Steve likes it too and his pics look great. Unlike you, a decent macro mode is essential to me and the Panny is sharp at two inches which is close enough for me. I hope it gives you long and reliable service.