Pioneer DV-444-S Reviews

Playable File Formats: MP3
Video
TV Resolutions: 480i / 480p / 576p
Audio
Surround Sound: Dolby Digital (Digital out only) / DTS (Digital out only)
Convenience
Other Features
Exterior Color: Silver
Warranty: 1 Year

Pioneer DV-444-S

“I bought this DVD from Amazon, and I bought a Region 1...”

Written on: 08/11/2002 by Dave. (1 review written)

I bought this DVD from Amazon, and I bought a Region 1 dvd, however it wont play, how do you make this DVD player multi-regional… Read Full Review

64267_Gerard.'s Response to 49424_Dave.'s Review

Written on: 10/01/2003

In your review you mention that it's hard to convert to multiregion. I have a DV444-K and have only just discovered it wont play R1. If there's an easy way to make it do this I would appreciate you views. Thank-you.

Brian Mason's Response to 49424_Dave.'s Review

Written on: 09/12/2005

I too have the same problem and have searched the internet repeatedly but to no avail, all the other brands seem to like giving out the codes I was wondering why Pioneer doesn't

Pioneer DV-444-S

“This is real value for money.plays almost everything....”

Written on: 09/08/2002 by Rakesh. (1 review written)

This is real value for money.plays almost everything. In case you are considering to enter the world of DVDs, this is a right choice… Read Full Review

Pioneer DV-444-S

“This Pioneer DV-444-S DVD Player is fantastic!, It's...”

Written on: 25/07/2002 by Jack taylor. (1 review written)

This Pioneer DV-444-S DVD Player is fantastic!, It's better then any previous models I have bought. Any of your buyers who are thinking of getting a sony dv-305 over this model..DON'T BOTHER! I bought both models and the Sony was poor - the features were limited and the main thing "to get a Sony DVD player with an RGB scart you are looking at £500 plus" all of the models below this range don't have RGB! (what a con)

Don't waste your money, this Player has it all.

Plays SVCD (copied and… Read Full Review

Chase.'s Response to Jack taylor.'s Review

Written on: 24/11/2002

Sounds like this gentleman works for the marketing department at pioneer.

Pioneer DV-444-S

“I have the dv-533k DVD player which is the exact asian...”

Written on: 13/03/2002 by tom. (1 review written)

I have the dv-533k DVD player which is the exact asian model of the dv444. They are both the same in all respects - electronic and looks.
This is undoubtedly one of the best dvds (if not the best) in its cost level. It has all - outstanding sound (pioneer no.1 in this) and great picture. Don't save ur 100$ on toshiba 210e/1300. Choose pioneer. The best i can offer is to go to the shop and ask them to show u Matrix/ Star Wars scenes in it. Then it will b all clear to u as it is for me… Read Full Review

Pioneer DV-444-S

“I have watched dvd movies using my computer but I was...”

Written on: 17/02/2002 by david strumidlo. (1 review written)

I have watched dvd movies using my computer but I was so tired of the noise, which the computer produced. You know all the fans, hard drives and the 40xcd and 12x dvd player. So I bought this little Pioneer DV-444s thingy and connected it to my one year old tv. A 32" widescreen tv (sharp 81gf-66e) but I got disappointed. The picture is in interlace mode. The picture also appears to be a little bit bent near the screen's edges (the sides) If somebody can help my with this I would be grateful… Read Full Review

Brian Day.'s Response to david strumidlo.'s Review

Written on: 31/08/2002

Surely this is a problem with the TV? Geomotry?

Pioneer DV-444-S

“You got to get this Pioneer DV444S DVD player! I burn...”

Written on: 16/02/2002 by DVD STUDIO PRO. (1 review written)

You got to get this Pioneer DV444S DVD player! I burn DVDs using the Apple Superdrive and it works like a beauty. I love it!!!!!… Read Full Review

Pioneer DV-444-S

“I didn't know initially whether to cut costs and go...”

Written on: 08/02/2002 by TE. (1 review written)

I didn't know initially whether to cut costs and go for the Toshiba 210 or up costs and go for the marantz dv4100. I tried both in the end and chose the Pioneer DV-444S over both of them... do shop around - i paid £169 for mine in Dec 01… Read Full Review

Pioneer DV-444-S

“i compare to toshiba sd-5700 and sony DVP-NS700P.. ”

Written on: 10/01/2002 by djoni. (1 review written)

i compare to toshiba sd-5700 and sony DVP-NS700P..
Pioneer dv-444 DVD player is so much better performance, colors are vivid and sound is clear and deep..
I dont see the price is such a big factor...even pioneer dv-444 is so much cheaper but the quality is no questions to be ask… Read Full Review

Pioneer DV-444-S

“The Pionner DV-444-S is one of the best DVD players i...”

Written on: 01/12/2001 by Olsen. (1 review written)

The Pionner DV-444-S is one of the best DVD players i have ever seen. i mean , just as i opened the box it came in i knew this was a quality DVD player. If looks could kill, i wouldn't be sitting here right now. The DVD-444 has got it all , GREAT SOUND, GREAT PICTURE and GREAT LOOKS.
I have had many DVD players in my life (Panasonic, Mark, JVC and Toshiba DVD players) But my mind is clear This it the BEST dvd player on the marked right now . I mean if you want a nice looking 55mm thin KING DVD… Read Full Review