Toshiba Qosmio F20 Reviews

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Toshiba Qosmio F20 - Ask a question now

Toshiba Qosmio F20

“Great Screen & Speakers, But dont turn them up too...”

Written on: 30/10/2010

Great Screen & Speakers, But dont turn them up too loud as they can rumble, first initial startup is slow,but then on its quiet speedy. Battery is Quiet good at between 2 - 3 hours, however it pumps out a lot of heat from the fans, Its also not that portable & would'nt want to carry around as its heavy.

Toshiba Qosmio F20

“After just under 4 years the screen of our F20-110...”

Written on: 27/01/2010

After just under 4 years the screen of our F20-110 packed in; they are specially made for these laptops and replacements are about £400 from Toshiba. Luckily we found one on ebay for under £100. However, within another 2 months the motherboard has failed.... It's had a lot of use but I'm disappointed it hasn't lasted longer.

The screen on my work Toshiba laptop also failed, so I don't think I'll be buying another Toshiba. Or an Acer; we've had big problems with my daughter's Acer 8930… Read Full Review

Eljaybud's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2012

We have two Acer Aspire 5536 going strong for years, mine I put a hybrid disk drive in and Blu ray player to run 64 bit windows 7, the other is running stock and though a little slow (nothing a seagate hybrid drive wouldn't fix) it is also running fine.

Toshiba Qosmio F20

“I bought my toshiba qosmio f20 over 3 years ago now....”

Written on: 01/04/2009

I bought my toshiba qosmio f20 over 3 years ago now. the laptop served me excellently. the speakers and screen are great. I've never had any problems.

Three years on the system is outdated so I am in the market for a new laptop and I will be buying another, more modern qosmio… Read Full Review

Toshiba Qosmio F20

“Toshiba Qosmio F20 laptop has a great clear screen is...”

Written on: 29/03/2009

Toshiba Qosmio F20 laptop has a great clear screen is reasonably fast and has served me well, however it is loud the fans on mine are sometimes so loud that the volume on the speakers needs to be so high they vibrate and as I think the sound quality is rather poor to begin with doesn't really help.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Great screen. ”

Written on: 18/12/2008

Great screen.
But in my experience its noisy, slow, the speakers vibrate making sound quite poor in my opinion. I find them quite heavy and the battery just dies once a day for no reason as far as I am aware. One of the worst purchases I have ever made so far I feel therefore I do not recommend Toshiba Qosmio F20… Read Full Review

Toshiba Qosmio F20

“I own a Toshiba Qosmio F20 Laptop and its very, very...”

Written on: 07/02/2006 by andrew29993 (3 reviews written)

I own a Toshiba Qosmio F20 Laptop and its very, very good. It is very powerful with 1gb of ram, 80gb hard drive and a Pentium M 1.86 Ghz processor. The screen is extremely clear and bright, and the superb Harman/Kardon speakers compliment it beautifully. Battery life is also good, giving approximately 3 hours of juice when word processing. Even so, the extended life battery is worth buying. The whole machine looks very cool too, although not so much with the lid down. It is quite heavy, though… Read Full Review

Gkaloy10's Response to andrew29993's Review

Written on: 30/04/2006

I would love to know where you got your F20 from. i only have 512mb RAM and 60gb Harddisc space. But the rest is correct, the battery life is very generous and also the screen is crystal clear and has a very good graphics card!

Grizz3839's Response to andrew29993's Review

Written on: 10/03/2008

I also own one of these and have had nothing but problems for the last two years. The speakers are rubbish - tinny and very poor quality. It's wireless capability is patchy. And now we have to replace the motherboard. Just had a quote of £350 for this.
<br/>I am very disappointed.

Andrew29993's Response to andrew29993's Review

Written on: 02/05/2006

Mine is a Qosmio F20 137, I think, and I got it from PC World (in England). By the way, i am not actually sure now what the processor speed is as I have read so many different things on the internet. But now I am being led to believe it is 1.73 GHz and not 1.86 as I put in my review. WAAAAH!