Crosman Nightstalker TK Reviews

Crosman Nightstalker TK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Crosman Nightstalker TK

Crosman Nightstalker TK
Crosman Nightstalker TK

“This could have been a really all time great gun if...”

Written on: 23/12/2010

This could have been a really all time great gun if Crossman had just taken a little more time and care in the design and finish.
Ive had 2 of these because when the first one packed up I was still on a high from the great fun and performance of this powerful, accurate Co2 semi auto.
From new it was great, fast powerful, and pretty accurate FOR A SMOOTH BORE barrelled gun (I believe the US version is rifled but not in the UK for legal reasons)
BUT
There are some serious Issues with this gun… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/07/2011

great reviewer who tells it as it is straight to the point this gun needs a lot of work so buyer beware read the reviews and stick to the good ones thanks for being honest. forest gump

“Lasted about 200 rounds. Total hunk of monkey poo....”

Written on: 13/10/2009

Lasted about 200 rounds. Total hunk of monkey poo. ZDont waste your money. looks cool but it's garbage… Read Full Review

“Great fun while it lasted. Sadly, reading the other...”

Written on: 11/10/2009

Great fun while it lasted. Sadly, reading the other reviews, it looks like mine failed quicker than anyone else's so far. Crosman's been building these for a while now and it doesn't look like they've got any sort of handle on improving quality.

175 shots into the OEM CO2 cylinder that came with the rifle, something gave way internal to the mechanism and the rest of the CO2 spewed out, frosting the outside of the stock. It was kind of cool to watch the cloud of fog that developed, but it… Read Full Review

“I did a little research before buying the Nightstalker...”

Written on: 10/10/2009 by imax1971 (3 reviews written)

I did a little research before buying the Nightstalker and found that the seals would fail and cause leaking if not properly lubricated using Pellgunoil, so I made sure to order it along with the rifle and so far I've loaded 5 88 gram bottles without a problem.

I bought the Tactical kit. The accessories are very well made. The bipod is sturdy. The red/green dot scope is very well made and easy to adjust in the field. The flashlight gives it the tactical look and is very nice when shooting in… Read Full Review

Harty44's Response to imax1971's Review

Written on: 17/05/2014

Hi. . . . Hope you can help.
I bought one of these last weekend but couldn't get to my club to fire it until Thursday. I fitted the co2 cylinder on Sunday, dry fired it four or five times and put it to one side.
When I went to use it, there was no co2 left in the cylinder!
As this one had come free with the gun, I replaced it with another that had cost me £8 from said gunshop and carried on.
I got about 100 or so shots with no problem, then had a blockage, which meant removing the canister. There was only a small puff of white cloud on removal but, on replacement, no more co2 so no more firing.
Am I doing something wrong here or is this gun going to cost me a fortune in co2?
Also, do you know of any way of improving the sights other than adding a scope?
The rear aperture seems very cloudy and not at all suited to target shooting.

“Okay...first the leaking. "Mine started to leak after...”

Written on: 11/09/2009 by bobt (7 reviews written)

Okay...first the leaking. "Mine started to leak after the 2nd CO2 cartridge and then I found out I was supposed to oil the tip of the cylinder"
Duh...just like it says in the Crosman Nightstalker TK instructions! (What, I don't read no stinkin instructions...whaddaya think...I'm a wuss?).
I also seat my pellets properly, the way the instructions say (oh, those damned instructions again).
I've put about 3000 shots through my Nightstalker (that's about 12 cartridges), and no leaks, no jams… Read Full Review

“Crosman Nightstalker TK is a great gun until it starts...”

Written on: 07/06/2009 by iowatth (2 reviews written)

Crosman Nightstalker TK is a great gun until it starts to leak co2, i sent mine in and i think they just sent the same one back because it still leaked. not worth what I paid for it back when it was new, don't waste your time and money with this gun, trust me… Read Full Review

Kontojohn's Response to iowatth's Review

Written on: 07/04/2013

same problem with me too... I opened it to put a ring, but its to messy in there...

“I just bought a Crosman Nightstalker TK, mainly for...”

Written on: 12/05/2009 by andrebalthazaar (1 review written)

I just bought a Crosman Nightstalker TK, mainly for its semi auto feature. Loading the mag needs a lot of practice ...maybe...but for now ...a disaster!… Read Full Review

“As its a blow back machine it is a fast shooter.”

Written on: 23/10/2008 by Big Rad (1 review written)

As its a blow back machine it is a fast shooter.
Unfortunately to overcome the 'Lets convert it to fully automatic brigade' they have left the actual magazine rotation as trigger activated. (first 5 mm of trigger pull turns mag, very light)
While this works well it does have a design fault.
There is no magazine to breach 'indent' in the design to ensure barrel and magazine are 'locked' in alignment.
This means that after some useage the pawl lever (which rotates the magazine) can start to push… Read Full Review

Indyshot's Response to Big Rad's Review

Written on: 17/09/2009

I found this review very helpful because...The mods he has developed to make the gun more reliable. It would be nice to see these mods in pictures or a video on You Tube. I have not purchased the gun yet so you have to kind of use your imagination to picture what he is talking about.

“The Nightstalker does have great accuracy and power,...”

Written on: 28/07/2008

The Nightstalker does have great accuracy and power, but I do not recommend buying this air rifle. When I bought the Nightstalker I loved it, but after a few co2s the seal went bad. Then I found out I had to use a gun oil on the co2 tanks. I sent it in and it was replaced, but the seal just went bad again after a couple co2s… Read Full Review

Danulson988's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2008

I'm sorry to say that you can oil the c02 cylinders until the cows come home, but the seals will still blow out on the nightstalker.
<br/>I oiled, I respected, I enjoyed, but now I hate! POS!

“My Crosman Nightstalker TK jams with most pellets and...”

Written on: 25/07/2008 by vermin kill (4 reviews written)

My Crosman Nightstalker TK jams with most pellets and if there not big enough they just fall out before you even get the mag anywhere near the gun they feel cheap and look it close up personally if your thinking of buying one dont bother i would rather of had a rabbit stopper or a rat catcher there the same power and reliable also better built and looks the part for the price… Read Full Review

“Its absolutely amazing mate! There is nothing wrong...”

Written on: 07/07/2008

Its absolutely amazing mate! There is nothing wrong with this rifle. The Crosman Nightstalker is awesome, form the accuracy to the power its all good… Read Full Review

Danulson988's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2008

Your seals just have not blown out yet. They will fail! They all fail on the nightstalker. The design is flawed. You will see for yourself soon enough. I have never heard of one lasting more than 5 airsource cylinders. Sorry but that's the truth!

“I bought this gun on a whim. It was the last one at...”

Written on: 18/05/2008 by Rytchyunder (1 review written)

I bought this gun on a whim. It was the last one at Kmart and had been previously opened, so I got a discount.

I took it up to the Mountains along with some pneumatic airguns and gave it a try. I hate C02, so I really wasn't expecting much. However, this gun is a ton of fun. I can tell from other reviews that it might expire prematurely, which is a shame. I was using Crosman hunting pellets and shot at least 100 rounds with no problems. It blasted through plastic bottles and cans from quite a… Read Full Review

“Pretty good overall butt you have to sight in the...”

Written on: 12/05/2008

Pretty good overall butt you have to sight in the scope,buy c02, and its very expensive… Read Full Review

“Very poor workmanship, had to send it back to get...”

Written on: 09/05/2008 by eagles1 (2 reviews written)

Very poor workmanship, had to send it back to get fixed after it kept loosing co2 and freezing up. in fact i asked and got my money back and bought a umerex air magnum what a fantastic well made rifle, dont buy a night stalker unless you want loads of problems… Read Full Review

“Great!! i would buy it 1000 times over, its very...”

Written on: 28/04/2008

Great!! i would buy it 1000 times over, its very accurate and has realistic gun habits, there are no bad points at all, this is a great air rifle… Read Full Review

“When I bought this gun, the price was right. If it...”

Written on: 06/04/2008 by xm14452 (1 review written)

When I bought this gun, the price was right. If it breaks I will buy another one. Thats how much fun it is, not as fun as the storm but fun none the less. It goes threw ammo and air fast. red/green scope is not bright enough. Its fun too shoot, light weight, good for beginners or big old kids… Read Full Review

“See above, after having a defetive one that leaked and...”

Written on: 08/03/2008 by pstreatn (1 review written)

See above, after having a defetive one that leaked and stuff, I got a new one under warranty and since than no probs, great airgun and I like the nice accessories of the TK kit. Nice to shoot in the dark with the unidirectional light - great accuracy even at 30 meters !… Read Full Review

“This is a great rifle, the Crosman Nightstalker TK is...”

Written on: 07/03/2008

This is a great rifle, the Crosman Nightstalker TK is a very well made gun that is so much fun to shoot. Very accurate and powerful… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“$100 for a gun that wont shoot but maybe 25% of the...”

Written on: 16/02/2008

$100 for a gun that wont shoot but maybe 25% of the time. Constant jams. Wasted numerous trips to find pellets that wont jam to no avail. All pellets are not the same size. Most are too thick and jam in the clip. Some are so small they wont stay in the clip and slip out in the chamber or fall out in your hand before you even make it to the chamber. Plus the clip is not easy to insert into the chamber.

The sites stink also. Takes too long to get my eye adjusted to the site before I can shoot… Read Full Review

“The Barreta Storm looked cool but it had limited power...”

Written on: 05/02/2008 by MarcIIV (1 review written)

The Barreta Storm looked cool but it had limited power compared to my Airforce Talon SS right out of the box. Very limited power. From across the yard I can smash Dragon Flys with the Talon but with the Storm I can be lucky just to maybe hit it! I also had my Talon custom modified and completely quieted down and jeweled. Rebuilt valves and the works. That took me to about $1500.00. not including my Scuba tanks to fill it.
I realized this is much more $$ but I needed an airgun that would get the… Read Full Review