BTS GY200 198cc Reviews

BTS GY200 198cc - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for BTS GY200 198cc

BTS GY200 198cc
BTS GY200 198cc

“gy 200 how do they fair ”

Written on: 07/10/2012

i have owned a gy 200 for about 3 yrs now, never heard of them before, when i first saw it , looked stuning, all red white and shiny, like a new toy, everything worked perfect, then after about a year of putting it through its paces, it started to fall to peices, rattles, chain comming off, bolts loosning, if i dared to fall off it , plastics shattered, had to put a smaller cog on back, because it was far too low geared,mono shock is weak, not strong enough, build quality non existant, handling… Read Full Review

“I bought this bike to race against my mates who...”

Written on: 17/05/2010

I bought this bike to race against my mates who compete in the AMA motocross championships. The first time I rode it, I tore the front wheel off when I came up short on a triple. This only happened because the engine popped on the face of the take off after just 30 seconds of riding. I wouldn't be so bothered, but I bashed my balls on the huge petrol tank lid this bad boy has. I upgraded the rims to excells, put a new hamster in the engine and hey presto, runs like a new one again!… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 02/12/2011

i need a rear rim for one where can i find one

“I have had this BTS GY200 198cc bike for three years...”

Written on: 30/09/2009

I have had this BTS GY200 198cc bike for three years and it done a massive 150 miles and now due for a rebuild . The bike is totally unreliable the build quality is very poor . Do not remove the rocker cover as the camshaft is not fixed in situ and will require removal of the timing chain to reinstate . The bike has been totally rewired by hand as the Chinese plastic rots . Buy a after market CDI as the stock one shorts if wet " on a trial bike " . The gearing needs to be sorted , plastic… Read Full Review

“The BTS GY200 198cc is good value, handles well,good...”

Written on: 17/05/2009

The BTS GY200 198cc is good value, handles well,good winter hack , good brakes,lights good,good comuter, rubber perishes ie fuel pipe ,change for good quality,(loss of fuel or fire) eletric start sticks some times ,use kicker ,starts easy. dont drop, plastics break easy ,but partsare cheep, compaired to jap bikes. nuts and bolts vibrate loose regular maintance, use locktight or n.ylocks .like owning british. bike. engine seems sound .I have owned for over 1year… Read Full Review

“I spend lots of time on back roads and green lanes...”

Written on: 29/08/2008 by chituma (1 review written)

I spend lots of time on back roads and green lanes (2000 miles worth) in Somerset - its ideal even pulled itself out of mud which came up to my knees. Why pay £2500 for a similar size JAP, they are better finished but not that much.
Fitted sport airfilter and main jet and the lower gear sprocket - I have got up to 120 mpg when cruising around at 30-40mph.
Try it - you'll buy it… Read Full Review

“I bought a Chituma Hongdou GY200 in May 2005 as a...”

Written on: 27/11/2006 by zx7rjohn (1 review written)

I bought a Chituma Hongdou GY200 in May 2005 as a second bike to go with my main bike a Kawasaki ZX7R

The GY200 was for larking around on, practising wheelies and trying a bit of off roading. I fitted the smaller rounder cowling from BTS (since found in M & P catalogue under the name Demon for less money). This took a while as there was no wiring diagram and I had to make several phone calls to BTS and speak to their engineer. I also bought the smaller rear sprocket but this only seemed to add… Read Full Review

“This is a continuation of my previous review. Engine...”

Written on: 13/09/2006 by Corkylad (2 reviews written)

This is a continuation of my previous review. Engine on my BTS GY200 198cc appears well made & reportedly reliable. The welding of, and paintwork to the frame is poor, but looks strong enough. I received the bike crated & had to put it together myself. No problem, but also check all the parts that are already built. A lot of the nuts & bolts were loose & brackets needed adjusting; namely the exhaust bracket which stopped the clutch operating properly, and the rear exhaust mount needed spacers… Read Full Review

“I have had 2 bikes from China - A 125 4 speed youth...”

Written on: 01/09/2006 by fashby (1 review written)

I have had 2 bikes from China - A 125 4 speed youth bike that I bought for my son, who convinced me that Chinese bikes have good Japanese clone motors and that makes them a steal at the prices they sell for. The 125 has dual twin piston caliper disk breaks and a great sounding off road muffler. The motor has been bullet proof and at $670.00 delivered price it was a great value.

I just bought the GY200 from Chongqing Huansong Industries. There are many versions of this bike from different… Read Full Review

“I have a Fazer 600 which I use as my road bike, but...”

Written on: 30/08/2006 by Corkylad (2 reviews written)

I have a Fazer 600 which I use as my road bike, but being a mountain biker of many years, I fancied having a go at a powered off road. I wanted a road legal bike to get to places rather than using a trailer and I wanted something light & agile to pull off me when I had a spill. Also, having something cheap & cheerful to repair when necessary & not worry about knocking around was an important consideration. I bought my gy200 from BTS Motorsport via an ebay auction in August. Delivery was very… Read Full Review

Milli1234's Response to Corkylad's Review

Written on: 31/03/2009

HELLO, I BOUGHT A BTS GY124CC FROM EBAY. IT WAS STOLEN THE OTHER DAY AND THE THUGS RIPPED OFF THE MIRRORS, LIGHTS, REFLECTORS AND NUMBER PLATE. DO YOU HOW TO FIND A WEB SITE WHERE I CAN BUY NEW PARTS FOR IT? I HADENT INSURED IT YET SO I AM ON MY OWN ON THIS ONE. CHEERS, MILLI.

“After passing my test, I bought a BTS GY200 Panther on...”

Written on: 06/02/2006 by mad bike (2 reviews written)

After passing my test, I bought a BTS GY200 Panther on Ebay, to replace my Chituma/hongdou CTM125C.

The bike is from the Chituma/Hongdou stable and if I get the same servicable use as I did with my 125 I couldn't go wrong.

It is branded Bts (British Trackstar) who import them from China.

It is set up as an Enduro, being supplied with lights, indicators etc.

To start the description, it is mainly black in colour, with red decals on the body panels, the only chrome effect visable are the… Read Full Review

257421_Motormad's Response to mad bike's Review

Written on: 29/08/2006

I have just bought a GY200 from BTS 3 months ago, It came on an 06 plate - I've done 700 miles on it now - half off road and it's faultless. I am over the moon with mine as I was frightened about parting with £800 on a new bike when the next best thing cost £2000 to £2500, but it is unbelievable. I just found out that there is a 250 version coming and I'm going to get one.

Gordo2K6's Response to mad bike's Review

Written on: 10/03/2010

WHERE DO YOU GET SPARE PARTS FOR THIS BIKE. i.E THROTTLE CABLE, ENGINE COVER?

Peterchas's Response to mad bike's Review

Written on: 12/12/2008

I have just bought a GY200 badged as a Zong Shen - great machine so far and your review seems pretty accurate, only prob ine got is my clock is in kpm and mph but odometers (permanent and trip) are in km only.