On The Beach Holidays Reviews - www.onthebeach.co.uk

On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“Price Match, their get out clause, be warned!!!! ”

Written on: 17/12/2014 by west1246 (1 review written)

I booked a holiday with On the Beach, however within less than 24 hours of booking it was brought to my attention by a family member that another company, Expedia, was selling the same holiday, flights, hotel, room type, dates, baggage allowance and ground transfers identical to the one I had just purchased with On The Beach for a price difference of the hotel being £370.00 cheaper with Expedia. I immediately contacted On The Beach and they sent me the appropriate email explaining what… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/12/2014

Hi, I'm sorry we were unable to offer you a price match on this occasion. Our price match promise does state clearly that every element of the holiday must be the same and that we have to be able to see all this information. Generally we don't price match Expedia as they don't show all the holiday elements before booking - however this is the only company I'm aware of which does this so I can assure you we do offer price matches for a lot of companies. Unfortunately, as we have already paid for your flights and they are non-refundable with the airline, if you wished to cancel, you would lose this cost. I'm really sorry you were disappointed with our service on this occasion. If you'd like any more information, please let us know. Thanks - Emily, On the Beach.

West1246's reply to Onthebeachholidays's Comment

Written on: 21/12/2014

Thank you for your reply and advice regarding your company On the Beach. Confirming On the Beach cannot and will not price match Expedia.

The Customer Service advisors I spoke to did not know this , however
the advisors I spoke to stressed that On the Beach did price match On line Booking Companies with no exceptions as confirmed in the terms and conditions, they did not mention any companies which were not included in this.

Your reply did not explain the loss of up to £500 which I would lose when
I enquired about cancelling my holiday within 24 hours of booking.
With cancellation and administration charges included.
Which would make it impossible for me to cancel my holiday, as the
difference in the cost was £370, this price difference was for the same
twin room I had booked with On The Beach.

The moral of this outcome is, there is no Price Matching, with this get
out clause.

“Absolute rip off merchants!”

Written on: 20/11/2014 by sophie.lang (1 review written)

I have used on the beach holidays 3 years running and never had any great issues until something goes wrong on holiday then they are absolutely totally useless ! We booked to stay in the 5 star all inclusive Surmeli Efes hotel in Kusadasi, Turkey, the holiday cost almost £1000 for 7 nights and did not include any transfers as on the beach refused to price match holidaytaxis.com. We had a change in flight times and on the beach didn’t bother to inform us, we only found out by going onto… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/11/2014

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear about your holiday experience. As your travel agent, we have to forward all complaints on to your hotel supplier for them to carry out a full investigation with the hotel. All I can do is apologise that this was delayed by an incorrect email address. If you are unhappy with the response you have received from the hotel, we will of course do our best to help you respond to them. We would need you to respond to our complaints email address so that we can forward this on to them. If you'd like some help with this, please get in touch and we can take a look for you. I really hope we can get this sorted. Thanks - Emily, On the Beach

Sophie.lang's reply to Onthebeachholidays's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2014

Hi Emily, I was more than unhappy with the hotels response and all on the beach said was - On behalf of On The Beach, although we understand this may not be the response you were hoping for, we would reiterate our position only as an agent in the arrangement of your accommodation and not a package provider. As the Hotelier has decided not to make any offer of compensation, we can only add our own apologies to those already made - the hotel told lies regarding what food we ate in the hotel and I have the photos to show it yet you will not do a thing. Matthew from your office was dealing with my complaint but I was told theres nothing more you can do and to go to ABTA if I want to take it further. I have written to BBC Watchdog, Daily Record - The Judge, ABTA & the hotels email address on their website.

“Ripped off!”

Written on: 10/11/2014 by Lew2014 (1 review written)

Booked flights to Cyprus with this company 2 weeks ago, outbound with Easyjet inbound with Ryanair, only for Ryanair to then cancel the route and therefore our inbound flight. Ryanair emailed confirming they'd refunded the 1400 euros that had been paid to them, which is around £1100. On the beach then offered £823 to me, claiming that was what i'd paid for the flights. Apparently they'd paid the difference, but then couldn't explain how i'd therefore paid £772 for Easyjet flights that were… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/11/2014

Hi, I'm sorry that this hasn't been explained properly to you by our advisors. Due to the way On The Beach calculate costs, we offer you the price of an outbound and inbound flight combined. On occasions these flights can be with different flight providers so you get the exact flights, dates and departure times you have requested. Unfortunately at times these prices can fluctuate, however in the instance of having 2 different flight providers (in your case Easyjet and Ryanair) one flight price may increase but the other flight price may decrease. Our automated booking system will check if overall the amount you are paying will cover the cost of both flights combined and if it does it will book it automatically with the original price you were quoted to each airline. You're therefore not paying any more, the costs are simply distributed across each airline slightly different. I hope this clears things up, however if you'd still like to speak to someone about this, please don't hesitate to get in touch - Emily, On the Beach

Written on: 17/11/2014

A response filled with vague waffle once again! Brilliant, thanks!

So, not only do you expose me to financial risk, you also expose yourselves to financial risk by not booking flights with the airline at the same time as you are quoting prices to your customers! Again, this just doesn't ring true - consider the following, which sums up what i believe you are telling me:

1) At the time of booking with you i also checked directly on both airlines websites and confirmed the prices they were charging.

2) At this time you claim you were quoting me £270 or so more for the Easyjet flights than their own website was quoting

3) You were also, therefore, quoting me a similar amount less for the Ryanair flights than their website was quoting. Coincidentally, these differences almost exactly offset each other

4) In the period between me clicking to confirm my booking and you booking the flights with the airlines the Easyjet flights reduced by around £270, remarkably to around the amount they were charging directly.

5) Coincidentally, at exactly the same time the price of Ryanair flights increased by the same amount as the Easyjet flights had reduced.

6) Luckily for you, the overall cost you had to pay the airlines was the same as i'd paid you

7) By not booking with the airlines immediately at the time of my booking with you, as you claim happened, you exposed yourselves to the risk that both airlines put their prices up

8) By exposing me to financial risk, as you have done, you have failed to honour "the basic obligation under this contract [to act with reasonable skill and care]"

If you would be so kind as to provide proof that the prices you claim to have charged me, ie. £823 for Ryanair and £772 for Easyjet, are the prices that were charged by the airlines on your system at the time i booked.

I am also still awaiting a response as to how, if you are acting merely as an agent on my behalf, and my contract is with the airline as your terms state, my contract with the airline is not made at the time they are paid for the flights and hence at the price the airline is paid.

I have tried to get proper answers to my questions several times so don't see how contacting you again will make any difference - my last email of complaint is, as yet, unanswered after a week!

Written on: 18/11/2014

Hi, when you place an order on our website, our system will check prices and availability to ensure they are correct (our website updates every 15 minutes but prices can fluctuate sometimes between updates). If everything is available, our system will take payment and book your holiday, if however there is a discrepancy in the prices which the money you paid cannot cover, we wouldn't take any payment and we would call you to ask if you'd like to continue with your booking with the increased price. This is unfortunately the way that all online travel agents work and we are the most up to date. As I do not have your reference number I cannot comment any further than this about your individual booking. We have a live chat function on our website which will allow you to speak to one of our advisors and they will be able to give you more specific information about your particular booking. I'm afraid any information I provide on here will be vague as I have been unable to view your booking. Thanks - Emily, On the Beach

Written on: 20/11/2014

I've tried the live chat function and got nowhere. One person i dealt with on there seemed to think both my flights were with Ryanair, before being replaced by someone, presumably a supervisor, who was bordering on rude!

As with all methods of attempting to communicate with you. they have also been completely unable to give a straight answer to my questions so i don't feel it is a viable or worthwhile exercise to use that function again. I also feel it better to raise these questions in a public forum so that other people may be warned about the practices employed by this company!!

I don't know why you would need my booking reference to reply in general terms to my question about who my contract is with, and the role you play [as an agent...acting on my behalf...with reasonable skill and care], and the subsequent financial implications of this.

As you state, if the prices were to increase you would have contacted me to see if i wished to proceed, so if prices reduce do you also contact your customers to refund any excess amounts they may have been quoted originally?

Rather than talk vaguely about fluctuating prices, can you please explain to me how you feel it is morally correct for you to pay a certain amount of money for a service on my behalf, then to keep some of that money for yourselves when the service is later cancelled.

Can you also confirm that if it had been the Easyjet flight that had been cancelled, you would have refunded the £772 you claim i paid for that flight to me and not the £500 or so you would have received from the airline? I wish to have confirmed in writing that it is your standard operating practice to both offer refunds in excess of what you receive from airlines, and offer refunds of less than you receive from airlines, depending on the circumstances.

Written on: 21/11/2014

Hi, I have explained our process in general terms as you requested however I understand your confusion. You have been refunded the amount you paid for the flight. You paid less than required for your inbound flight and we covered this extra cost because the amount you were paying for your outbound flight meant we weren't losing any money as a company. This is the way our system books flights. I have spoken to our customer feedback department and asked that they give you a call today to explain how booking systems work in more detail. Please remove your last comment for security reasons as it contains your MYB reference number and this is a public forum. Thanks - Emily, On the Beach

Written on: 21/11/2014

Unsurprisingly you have failed to answer any of my questions once again. Please do not waste my time by having someone call me to repeat the nonsense you have already repeatedly "explained". I am not stupid! I understand what you are claiming, but am disputing the validity of what you are saying. I have asked several questions in order to achieve some clarity but these have been ignored over and over again!

I have not received a refund of the amount i paid for the flight - i paid 1400 euros as my contract is with the airline, not on the beach! I have asked you to provide a explanation from a legal perspective of how your terms and conditions allow you to do what you have done, and how the terms i have mentioned, in this review, by email and by live chat, are not valid, from a legal perspective. I request that you provide this in writing.

Furthermore, the 1400 euros Ryanair refunded to you included an amount of 25.50 euros which was a payment i made directly to Ryanair for seat allocation. This couldn't have therefore been included in the £823.50 you say i paid for the flight so i require an immediate refund of this amount.

Report this review Read 6 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Consumer not Protected - Be Warned”

Written on: 10/11/2014 by geoffrey33 (1 review written)

We booked a holiday with On The Beach.com. The Hotel was totally mis-sold, i.e the descriptions of services were simply not true. Lots of facilities were either not available, mis-described, very dangerous, or the Hotel simply took no -responsibility for them. When we complained, we were left waiting for nearly seven weeks for a response. They simply say "we felt that your supplier (Hotels4U) was in the better position to respond to what you have said. We have therefore forwarded your… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/11/2014

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear of your disappointment with On the Beach. Because we act as an agent, we have to forward any complaints on to the hotel supplier for investigation which is why it can sometimes take longer than we would like to receive a response. We do continually chase them for a reply and do everything we can to stay within ABTA guidelines. I completely understand your frustration and I believe you spoke to one of my colleagues yesterday who is now dealing with your complaint. I've just been over to speak to our feedback department to make sure that your case is being prioritised and they have ensured me that they will contact you today with a response. I really hope we can sort this out for you. Thanks - Emily, On the Beach

Geoffrey33's reply to Onthebeachholidays's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2014

Dear Emily. Please stop trying to blame your suppliers and take responsibilty for your companies actions and the products that you sell and receive commission to sell to the public. The completely inaccurate descriptions of services were your own and not those of your supplier or of the Hotel. As such it was On The Beach that mis-sold the holiday to us.

Your claim that OTB act as 'agent' is simply your attempt to avoid the Package Travel Regulations act. You even call yourselves a Travel Agent' on your own website. The Package Travel Regulations act applies to both 'tour operators' and 'travel agents' and failure to comply is a criminal offence.

We have reported OTB to the Advertsing Standards Agency for false advertising, as you have failed to satisfactorily resolve the problem or made any attempt to refund the money that we paid you.

“Do not use this scamming company”

Written on: 02/11/2014 by CarsenTerry381 (1 review written)

I used this company to book flights to Florida ,they where with monarch which was fine but on the beach charged 52 for meals and 42 pounds for baggage and monarch include meals and baggage in there flights (no need to ay as an extra for this)and on the beach charge full adult price for a 14 year old and if booked direct with monarch she would have gone as a child ,saving two hundred pounds in all it would have been almost 409 pounds cheaper booking these flights direct with the airline rather… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/11/2014

Hi, I'm really sorry to see that you are disappointed with our service. Meals and baggage aren't automatically included in Monarch's prices, there is an option to have all these extras included, or you can select flight only and add all your extras individually - this is the option our system chose to do. Please be ensured you were not charged extra for these items, as they weren't included in Monarch's airfare.

When purchasing a flight, you are paying for a seat on the plane, and this doesn't vary depending on age. On Monarch's website, the cost of 2 adults is the same as the cost of one adult and one child, therefore you wouldn't have been charged any extra for this reason.

If you would like to speak to someone about this, we have various ways to get in touch, including a live chat function on our website which you should be able to get straight through on - this is on our 'contact us' page.

I hope this helps and once again, I'm really sorry for any confusion our pricing caused. Thanks - Emily, On the Beach

“AVOID AT ALL COST”

Written on: 30/10/2014 by Atkinson395 (1 review written)

I booked flights and a hotel with on the beach. The hotel was a 5 star luxury hotel and I booked the best room they had which was a superior suite with its own private pool. I paid nearly £2500 for the pleasure! What I got was not the luxury hotel I was expecting; The room had an extensively damaged bathroom door with huge splinters sticking out. The electric coffee machine leaked water. The patio furniture was broken and unusable, the private pool had a light fitting that was hanging out… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/10/2014

Hi, I'm so sorry to read that you were disappointed with your hotel, this isn't what we expect for our customers. On the Beach acts as an agent which means that when you place an order with us, your contract is with your hotel supplier. We do everything that we can to help customers with any issues they may experience whilst away. We would certainly like to look into this for you and pass your comments on to your supplier so that they can investigate this with the hotel. Please get in touch with us so that we can assist you with this. Once again, I'm really sorry for the disappointment you've experienced with your holiday - Emily, On the Beach

“Ruined our family holiday ”

Written on: 25/10/2014 by Kelliwarr (1 review written)

We booked with " on the beach " 8 weeks ago. We were supposed to be staying at Palm beach club which was a 2 bedroom apartment on the beach with our two children. Literally 10 days ago my husband just happened to log on to our account at " on the beach " to find our booking had been changed. They had sent the inbox message 2 weeks prior to us finding it and didn't have the decency to send us a proper email to our normal email address. They said out apartment had had been changed due to hygiene… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had trouble with your hotel booking. We do send out emails as well as sending messages through Manage Your Booking but I'm really sorry that you didn't receive this. Hopefully we can find out what's happened and get this sorted for you, or if you've already returned home, please get in touch so that we look into this for you. Once again, I'm so sorry for the problems you've experienced - Emily, On the Beach

“transfer hell”

Written on: 14/10/2014 by arlenemcgarry (1 review written)

Booked a holiday to Majorca for myself, partner and 7 month old baby. Paid £204.00 for a return transfer by private taxi as i had read the reviews and found out that the shuttle transfer was approx 3 hours. On arriving, found out that no taxi had been booked and was forced to sit on a coach for 3hours with my young child and no safety restraints. Contacted the transfer company while I was there and was informed that I had to take up this issue with on the beach. I have been contacting this… Read Full Review

Visit onthebeach.co.uk

“Worst Company I've ever dealt with Everyone AVOID OR...”

Written on: 09/10/2014 by SteveSangha (1 review written)

I've had the most torrid time with on the beach over the past 4 months, we booked a "5star" holiday package to Lara beach turkey with on the beach as the price they quoted was marginally better than other high street agents, BIG MISTAKE!! Amongst a host of other issues with booking, The hotel had renovation work all over and was so noisy! The staff were appalling, there was no cot for our 10 month old! And we complained the 1st day we got there to on the beach and was told to make what we can… Read Full Review

Sophie.lang's Response to SteveSangha's Review

Hi Steve,

I had the same problem with on the beach in a 5 star Turkish hotel in October 2014. I have wrote to BBC watch dog, ABTA, Daily Record the Judge and the hotel directly I urge you to do the same, the more complaints from real customers will real experiences the more likely something is to be done.

Sophie

Geoffrey33's reply to Sophie.lang's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2014

“APPAULLING APPAULLING APPAULLING COMPANY”

Written on: 21/09/2014 by richardhenrythomas (1 review written)

Where do i start!!! WE booked are holiday to Marmaris Oct 13 for June14. The whole holiday was a disaster that we booked with on the beach. It started at the airport and did not end untill we moved to another hotel.(you can read my review on tripadvisor).My compliant about on the beach is when we moved from the hotel the rep told us we could get a full refund of the hotel cost when we get back to the uk.We contacted ONB as soon as we returned. WE have had two offers of £22.00.The thing is… Read Full Review

Stevesangha's Response to richardhenrythomas's Review

Written on: 09/10/2014

I can second how bad they are and cannot tell people enough not to book with them!

Geoffrey33's Response to richardhenrythomas's Review

Written on: 26/11/2014

We have reported them to the Advertising Standards Authority, Watchdog and Trading Standards. Terrible company who are taking peoples money but don't appear to have to answer to the consequences of continually NOT delivering what people have paid them for. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY if you value your hard earned cash

“NEVER BOOK, AWFUL COMPANY!!!”

Written on: 17/09/2014

I warn you all now, NEVER EVER book through On the Beach. After messing up our flight home from Egypt and leaving us stranded with their helpline closed, WE had to pay out over £600 for new flights to get home to GATWICK instead of Luton, of which we didn't get home till 6am after landing at 1:30am! They then taking over 6 WEEKS to deal with our complaint and refund, but they refuse to refund our baggage and offer minimum compensation for the hassle they have caused by not telling us that our… Read Full Review

Geoffrey33's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2014

“Do not touch On the Beach - go to a reputable travel...”

Written on: 12/09/2014 by Thorpe117 (1 review written)

We would not use this company again. We booked a holiday in Crete earlier this year and as always I compared the photos of the facilities and especially the hotel bedrooms. For the holiday we chose there was only one photo on the website of a beautiful bedroom - this is what we were expecting to get. What we actually got was like a Butlins holiday camp - no disrespect to the hotel. We tried getting On the Beach to upgrade us without any joy and ended up paying the hotel an additional 270 euros… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE!!!”

Written on: 10/09/2014 by Hodge627 (1 review written)

I so wish I watched more TV... I'd have seen the Watchdog warnings! I so wish I'd have just gone into the high street shop and dealt with a person... As with every review I have now seen regarding this company they have changed our holiday we booked months ago. Booked and paid in advance for a room that does not exist, in a resort that is no longer available! Can't even stay in the area we had planned for, made reservations in and organised to meet friends and family in!!! Now instead of our… Read Full Review

“Terrible customer service!”

Written on: 09/09/2014 by angela9985 (1 review written)

Recently booked a holiday with this company and booked for 6 adults, didn't give an option to book rooms but foolishly assumed we would be allocated 3 rooms. How wrong was I?? We were only allocated 2 rooms and trying to book another room has caused nothing but stress, several phone calls later and waiting days on end for emails to be answered I have had to resort to booking a room with another company for £615 compared to the £700 extra on the beach were going to charge. Not one word of… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/10/2014

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear you were disappointed with our service. When you search for a holiday, our website will bring up the cheapest option for your party and on this occasion, this was to split you into two rooms. This is stated in your booking summary before check-out but I'm sorry you missed this. We are currently working on implementing the option to choose the number of rooms during the search so we fully take your feedback on board. Once again, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you - Emily, On the Beach

“No duty of care to their customers”

Written on: 09/09/2014

After booking an holiday with OTB my daughter received a email they had cancelled the hotel as the hotel had increased the price of the stay considerably , although they said other hotels were available they were still to expensive or not up to standard, she thought as it was their error it would be easy to cancell but she has lost the deposit and will still have to pay for the flights for her family and my wife and I (her parents) . We have found out since OTB were subject to a BBC Watchdog… Read Full Review

“terrible ”

Written on: 03/09/2014 by Zoe344 (1 review written)

We haven't even been on holiday yet and have payed well over what we expected to, my problem is the hidden extras ie luggage! I've just gone to add on a second hold luggage which I expected to be £52 as that's what I payed the first time only to see its gone up to £82 because there's now a otb admin charge! It's disgusting how they get away with this! We're away in 2 weeks and honestly feel like cancelling the whole thing! Everything should be made clear from the start!… Read Full Review

“Dont go There.”

Written on: 30/08/2014

I booked a six night holiday to Lanzarote with on the beach ,they actually booked me a six nights hotel accommodation and seven night flights. When we were due to come home it came to light the error they had made in our booking. E mailed and rang OTB but they didn't respond. We Had to pay to fly home on the 6th day .When I got home I noticed I had been charged 3 times for the same holiday on 15th July I still haven't received my overpayments back. Never again will I book with this company… Read Full Review

Visit onthebeach.co.uk

“Once you book with them they have you bent over a...”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by Lewisz1991 (1 review written)

Once you book with them they have you bent over a barrel. They took random amounts of money from the bank card we paid with, customer service is non existence. Non of the staff are helpful. And when we arrived at the hotel we booked it turned out non the changes we had made and been done, including passenger names. Wrong passenger names on documents both flight and hotel, they told us we could only take 5kg hand luggage when it was actually 10kg. It takes about 20 minutes to get through to… Read Full Review

Angela9985's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2014

Just wish I'd read your review before I booked our holiday, your review echos everything I have said. Supposed to be an exciting time looking forward to a holiday and this company have caused endless stress and still not solved our problem. we booked for 6 adults foolishly expecting to be allocated 3 rooms but no we only got 2 rooms! After endless phone calls and emails and waiting 3 or 4 days for a response I have ended up booking another room through a different company adding another £615 to our holiday! Not one word of apology from them, first time I have booked with them and most certainly the last!

“worst holiday company”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by kwCullen445 (1 review written)

worst holiday booking company I have ever used..NO CUSTOMER SERVICE...20 MINUTES TO ANSWER PHONE..NO ONLINE WEB CHAT COS TOO BUSY, IF LUCKTY ENOUGH GET AN ANWERSIN 20 MINUTES, BUT RARELY GET ANY ANSWER. I have booked many holidays with other companies and would NEVER USE ONTHEBEACH AGAIN. nO HELP AVAILABLE FOR CUSTOMERS , ONCE YOU PAY, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN, THAT MUST BE THEIR MOTTO.I really hope others take note of this review, it is the foirst I have ever written, but felt compelled.as so… Read Full Review

“dreadful customer service”

Written on: 27/08/2014 by BillyElliott40 (1 review written)

We complained to OTB eighteen months ago and it is still unresolved. We arrived in Crete at midnight, picked up the hire car and drove to hotel. It was closed. We had to find and pay for a hotel for the night. Following day, multiple calls to OTB until early evening. Very stressful. Eventually, they booked us into another hotel which also turned out to be closed. We had to find and for an apartment for rest of holiday. We have receipts and photographs. OTB have refused to accept any… Read Full Review

onthebeach.co.uk