On The Beach Holidays Reviews - www.onthebeach.co.uk

On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“Not to be trusted”

Written on: 25/10/2016 by eaMunro1955 (1 review written)

Please do not book through ON THE BEACH as they do not provide a trustworthy service. I'm actually on holiday In Fuerteventura booked online with ON THE BEACH. As they had a large choice online it took me a while to select the perfect hotel and location tho suit my needs. I was focused on finding a hotel located on the beach as quoting directly from ON THE BEACH website. So, I selected a 4 star hotel located directly on the beach according to ON THE BEACH website. Because of these options… Read Full Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced delays with the flights, this can happen sometimes and is out of our control, if there were any time changes before your departure date we would update this on the confirmation paperwork and provide you with the updates.

There may sometimes be private transfers available on arrival at the airport however these cannot always be guaranteed, which is why we provide the option to book either private or shared transfers.

If there is any construction work or similar issues with the hotel, we should be advised this by the suppliers and would then contact you to advise this and discuss any options such as a change of hotel or cancellation for a hotel refund, if you arrive at the hotel and the problem occurs then our In-Resort team would be available to resolve the problem, contactable by calling the number within the confirmation paperwork.

We would usually attempt to reallocate you to an alternative hotel and we can then chase the supplier for reimbursement for the charges incurred on arrival in the U.K., as the supplier would be responsible to resolve the issue we unfortunately cannot cover the additional costs applied.

Please contact our customer care team to advise of the issues and they will be able to discuss this further, if you need assistance with this please send a message via your MYB account.

Dean

“Cancelled flights yet available 2 days later more...”

Written on: 11/10/2016 by Andysparks (1 review written)

I booked 4 flights for my family only to be called 24 hours later that they were not available any longer. Checked and 24 hours later still available, and two days later they re advertised them for more money !!! Unbelievable way to run a company and rip off family's, will never use them again… Read Full Review

Onthebeachholidays's Response to Andysparks's Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

I'm sorry to hear the flights were not available for you, we are a third party agent and use an order placement website, this means we need to confirm the order with suppliers before confirming the holiday for you, there may sometimes be a delay in the pricing and availability updating on our website therefore if there was a change we would contact you to discuss this along with any options, such as a suitable alternative or cancellation of the order with no payment or charge applied.

Dean

“Disgusting. Booked and paid top money. Awfull”

Written on: 04/10/2016 by Dogman107 (1 review written)

Booked a last min holiday. Three days before departure was told it was no longer available. Couldn't get money back straight away. Was told I had to wait up to five days one it had all gone "through finance". Only option was to book anther holiday through them as we wanted to go that week. Booked a luxury holiday only to be told on arrival by the transfer people that our hotel had been changed. Other people at new hotel had paid a third of what we paid and they we still disgusted with the… Read Full Review

Onthebeachholidays's Response to Dogman107's Review

Thank you for your feedback.

I apologise for the inconvenience although it is not possible for us to arrange an immediate refund, the finance team will need to authorise the refunds for you, this may take 3-5 days for the refund to be arranged.

If an issue occurred with the hotel we should be made aware of this and would contact you to discuss the issue, I'm sorry you had experienced these problems. Please contact our customer care team to express your concerns or send a message via your MYB account for assistance.

Dean

“Completely incompetent!!! On The Beach”

Written on: 04/10/2016 by kwMcMahon1969 (1 review written)

I have just booked 9 nights in Cyprus for May 2017 with On The Beach, I have just received a call from the company to say that the price has gone up by £100 due to the hotel increasing the price, when I was on the phone to the member of staff I check OTB website and the price is still the same???? I ask the member of staff why the price has not been changed on her website and she said she would have to look in to this, finially after being on hold for what seemed like forever she comes back to… Read Full Review

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, we are a third party agent and use an order placement website and need to confirm the order with the suppliers before we can confirm the holiday for you. As the price and availability on our website is automatically updated there may sometimes be a delay in the information being updated which means the price or availability may no longer be available.

If there is an issue with confirming the booking we would then contact you to discuss any possible alternatives, discuss the change in price or cancel the order with no payment or charge being applied.

I'm not sure why the payment issue would have occurred, if this has not yet been refunded please contact our customer care team to arrange this for you.

“Booking Issues”

Written on: 26/08/2016 by gilbertthegoalie (1 review written)

I booked flights to Alicante from Manchester and paid by AMEX. Received email stating that I should wait 48 hours for confirmation. Next day I received an email asking me to call premium rate number as OTB had supposedly tried to contact me. I called the number and eventually was told that AMEX was not acceptable and would I like them to try and re-book using alternative Credit Card details which I agreed to. The original price of £260 had jumped to about £480 (apparently) so went direct… Read Full Review

Onthebeachholidays's Response to gilbertthegoalie's Review

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to accept American Express, our system cannot detect the card type and therefore will accept the order, it is then within the 48 hour period that an agent would notice the holiday is pending due to the card type and we would attempt to contact you.

Gilberthegoalie's reply to Onthebeachholidays's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2016

The issue is not really about the Credit Card type. Couldn't understand why your price had jumped significantly when it was still available for less direct with Airline.

From other comments left on the Review site, it would appear my experience is not unusual

“Terrible room !”

Written on: 23/08/2016 by Lilyana48 (1 review written)

We have recently returned from a week in the Corallia Bay Apartments in Paphos Cyprus. We booked a self catering studio and were allocated an awful dark room with no balcony and a tiny window . As we were self catering we expected to have balcony where we cuould sit and eat our meals and a room with proper facilities. There was no kettle, toaster and only one pan to cook with. The crockrey was stored in a chest of drawers designed for clothes. There was only one cereal dish and no saucers… Read Full Review

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your accommodation, if you have any issues with the holiday on arrival our In-Resort team can be reached at any time of day by calling the number within the confirmation paperwork, they should be able to resolve any issues and maybe reallocate the room for you.

Unfortunately as we are a third party agent we cannot be held liable for the problems caused by the hotel, they would be required to resolve the problem or provide any reimbursement if possible, On the Beach cannot cover this cost for them.

I hope you were able to eventually resolve this issue.

“Phone queue ”

Written on: 26/07/2016 by 1964Fletcher (1 review written)

Didn't even get as far as booking a holiday! Calls charged at 10p per minute plus network charges so they keep you holding on with terrible music for ages - good but unethical way to make money. I'd tried to book flights direct but came up as sold out, even though OTB were still advertising them - I hung up eventually thinking all they would do is tell me flights were sold out anyway. Completecwastecofvtimecand energy, wish I had read reviews first… Read Full Review

Thank you for your feedback.

I apologise for the wait in reaching our Sales team, we are very busy over the Summer period and this can result in long waiting times. If the suppliers have no remaining availability for the desired booking then unfortunately we would not be able to provide this either.

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 24/07/2016 by Benbeth (1 review written)

You may think that you are getting a cheaper holiday through booking with OTB but if you need to contact them you can never get through on the phone cueing system. If you leave a message online it takes about 5 days for them to reply. I was due a car parking refund after they made a change to the airport I was traveling from. The airline was happy to refund me, but it had to go through OTB. Unfortunately OTB would not help with this. When we arrived at the hotel we arranged to meet the OTB… Read Full Review

Onthebeachholidays's Response to Benbeth's Review

Thank you for your feedback.

I apologise for the delay to get through to an agent, we have been very busy over the summer period resulting in long waiting times for messages and calls to be answered.

If there is a refund due for the booking, we should be able to claim this from the suppliers for you, please contact our customer care team to look into this for you or send a message via your MYB account for assistance.

As we are an online travel agent, we do not provide representatives at the resorts, instead we provide a 24 hour In-Resort line that can be contacted at any time, the number for this team can be found within the confirmation paperwork.

Dean

“WORST HOLIDAY COMPANY EVER EXPERIENCED”

Written on: 12/07/2016 by greenlantern77 (2 reviews written)

ON THE BEACH. Booked in March 2016, Solana Hotel Malta. Agreed Price £1271.58. Subject to increases to £1291.39, change of price some identified others ? NOT THE CHEAPEST Try another if you require a Sunshine Holiday. Stipulated, and apparently by on the beach agreed no BASEMENT rooms, this further to Trip Advisors feedbacks. What did we get a single basement room!, though booked a Studio deluxe apartment, NOT BASEMENT. BUT worst of all NO notification or indication of what was to… Read Full Review

Onthebeachholidays's Response to greenlantern77's Review

Thank you for your feedback.

The increase in price may be including the transactions fees applied to payments made, this is advised at the time of booking and will be £4.95 per balance payment made on a booking with the low deposit scheme.

I'm sorry you did not receive the requested room, this should have been provided. We do have a 24 hour In-Resort team which can be contact to resolve such issues with the hotel, the number for this team is found within the confirmation paperwork.

We do advise within the confirmation paperwork that you are required to check-in for Ryan Air within 7 days of departure, this is advised within the 'Flight Voucher' under 'Ticketing Information'. You will need to check-in for some airlines and print the boarding passes to board the flight otherwise they can levy such fees at the airport.

I apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced, please contact our customer care team if you would like to express your concerns, if you need assistance with this please send a message via your MYB account.

“THE WORST ”

Written on: 08/07/2016 by 0710x (1 review written)

PLEASE do not use this site. The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. £30 administration fee every time you add extras (you cannot ad more than one extra at a time to save this fee) no updated flight information. NO way of getting through to anyone. I am 1 month away from my holiday and regretting using this site so much. Looking for a way to formally complain as it has caused so much stress! I will defiantly be going back to booking my holidays by myself, so much… Read Full Review

Onthebeachholidays's Response to 0710x's Review

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry if you are not happy with the experience received. The admin fees are advised within the terms of business and agreed at the time of booking however we would only apply the admin fee once for any extras requested at the same time.

Our service team will be available to contact either over the phone or via messages on the MYB account that you have online with On the Beach. If you are still unhappy please express your concerns to our customer care team, if you need assistance with this please send a message via your MYB account.

Dean

“The worst service, avoid avoid avoid”

Written on: 06/07/2016 by Jmylk (1 review written)

The worst customer service ever! Booked premium seats on a flight for £90 (front 6 rows on the website) were given row 23. When we complained and asked for a refund we were then told we would only be refunded £30? After complaint after complaint and ridiculously long waiting times on phone calls to customer service, arranging management call backs that never happened and finally the threat of legal action and recording the phone calls they agreed to a full refund. Only £30 was refunded. A… Read Full Review

Onthebeachholidays's Response to Jmylk's Review

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear this, we would provide the seats requested unless advised otherwise, if the seats selected are classed as 'Premium Seats' with the suppliers, we would book these for you.

Please send a message through your MYB account if you would like to discuss this further and so that we can review the booking in more detail for you.

Dean

“cancelled my flights 48 hours after booking!”

Written on: 30/06/2016 by CruzSchmidt109 (1 review written)

Booked four flights, 2 days later i receive a email from on the beach saying they have been trying to contact me, (which is a lie)as i was in all day and they had my mobile number as well!, telling me to ring them at my expense. When i spoke to some one she said the flights have gone up by £70 per person! do i want the flights still. Of course i said no. The flights were still on offer for the original price i paid on the website for two days, and never went up to the price she said! FALSE… Read Full Review

Gilbertthegoalie's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2016

Just had the same experience.

Got email saying they tried to contact me - no missed calls!

Had booked flights via OTB but didn't accept CC details. Called the 0871 number and was told prices had gone from £260 to about £480 - told them to forget it and then booked the same flights direct with airline for £240 although they were still on OTB web site at £260!!

Thank you for your feedback.

We would attempt to contact you to discuss any issues with a booking via a phone call first, if this is unsuccessful and email will be sent. If you had not received the call it is possible the number provided had been incorrect.

Unfortunately as we are a third party agent we use an order request website, we do advise within the terms of business that we need to confirm the order with the suppliers before confirming the holiday for you, if there has been an increase in cost we can either book the holiday at the new price, find a suitable alternative or cancel the order with no payment or charge applied.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Gtevie's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2016

They do not phone you! they leave emails so you have to contact them!!!!
and they have done it to many people...............

“Never again”

Written on: 16/06/2016 by Ellioty338 (1 review written)

They are trying to charge me, apparently on behalf of Ryanair, £170.00 for a surname change but after to speaking to Ryanair now know that it is free within 24hrs of booking and I tried to change it well within that time. Do not seem to be getting anywhere so will not use again!!!!.

Also I was put on hold for 45 minutes before I sent the message as I had to go to work and I knew that it would be very expensive to hold any longer. If someone had spoken to me then I would probably still have… Read Full Review

Thank you for your feedback.

If the change is submitted within 24 hours of booking, we would waive our fees and attempt to amend the name with the suppliers for you free of charge, we would advise you if the airline do not allows this.

I apologise for the long wait on the phone, our service team had been very busy over the Summer which caused long waiting times for customers. I hope we were able to assist you and if you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us!

“Just booked”

Written on: 10/04/2016

Just booked with otb after hearing really good things but then stumbled across this website Now I'm getting concerned we have booked a week at Christmas on the costa brava However I did my booking over the phone which took a long time almost 45 mins but u got the email with all the confirmation etc within mins. I spoke to the lady on the line about my concerns of booking online hens calling and she said they so have a bad rep for online booking but it's because no one reads the small print… Read Full Review

Kezza1098's Comment

Written on: 12/06/2016

Hi i phoned up as i dont trust online wanted to know it had all been done properley and everything was brilliant i printed all my documents off i got reminders of last min checks they were really good cant fault on the beach had a great hol. The 1 thing i will tell you is if you want free seats on the plane this cant be done till 7 days before your going flight and then 7 days before your coming back flight and on the beach state if you dont print your boarding passes you will get a fine thats the only negative thing i have to say because if you went for 2 week you may not have the facilities over there to print them but u can now download your boarding passes onto your phone and they scan so maybe on the beach should put that into terms if you go for a week its fine coz u can have them all printed before you go. Dont worry on the beach were fine for me the only prob i had on my hol is the food was awful in the hotel but the actual hotel was lovely so ended up a fortune to eat out but thats not on the beachs fault...Hope u have a fab hol

Written on: 17/11/2016

Thank you for your feedback!

There should be no cause for concern, once the booking is confirmed everything should run smoothly, if any issues arise we would contact you to discuss this however it is very rare that you would experience an issue to prevent your holiday being provided.

I hope that you enjoy your holiday and if you have any issues please do not hesitate to contact us!

Karenwolverson's Comment

Written on: 12/09/2016

I have recently come back from costa Brava Santa sususana booked entirely with on the Beach and it all ran smoothly no hassle at all. booked flights hotel and transfers can complain at all and we looking to book for 2017. Not like Co operative travel who booked us in the wrong hotel as the last digit was different ?????. So please not all bookings are as bad we did it all by internet fab holiday rooms where fab light clean and modern. The only thing is where to get your transfer coach to go and come back as the hotel staff told us the wrong entrance of the hotel but we managed to get on it to return so ask and make sure you know where your transfer are. good luck

“Terrible service! Do not use ”

Written on: 09/04/2016 by 1969Hood (1 review written)

Holiday to Sharm cancelled over a month ago as flights cancelled. Easyjet have refunded me but still owed over £1500 by on the beach!! No reason to keep my money for over a month and causing issues in booking new holiday as money owed needed to pay for it. Spoke to company several times and told 3 weeks ago money would be back within 7 days. Still nothing, no justifiable reason, and not responded to my messages!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! Will never book with them again!… Read Full Review

Natshields1986's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2016

We have also had this problem.... 8 months later were still waiting for our refund which they are holding. Again we had no reply to messages we sent them so we had no option but to get legal advice. Discusting service I'll never use them again!!!

Bellbella8891's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2016

This is quite worrying. Me and three friends booked a pacakge deal to ibiza. We have just come back. When we arrived at the hotel we were told the hotel hadn't been paid for it's only been reserved through booking.com????? even though we had paid for it. Because we arrived at the hotel at 2am OTB customer service was closed so we had to sleep in the hotel lobby on the first night as we wanted to speak to somone from OTB to find out what was going on. We called them the following morning only for them to tell us there was a glitch in the system and we had to pay for hotel again, it cost us more money for the hotel than it did when we booked with OTB. This caused a lot of stress for the group as neither of us could afford to pay £1,350 up front there and then. In the end i used all my wages from work as luckily i had been paid that day to pay for the hotel....again. OTB have said they would refund is within 7 days but after reading all these comments im not sure thats even going to happen.

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm not sure why it had taken so long for the refund, we would arrange this once received for the suppliers and you would receive an email advising that this is ready for collection and you need to login online to claim this.

I hope you have received this refund by now and if you have any further issues please send a message via your MYB account.

“Cancelled Flight ”

Written on: 02/04/2016 by StevenNeil (1 review written)

Firstly prior to our holiday we wanted to pre book seats, since their website never works we had to phone up. We did manage to pre book 2 seats but they charge an extortionate administration fee of £30 for doing so (lesson 1 hidden charges). Next 2 weeks before we were due to fly they deducted £40 from my account, since I had paid my holiday in full I phoned to see why, I was first told it was for unpaid hotel charges, after 2 more phone calls they said I had been accidentally charged again… Read Full Review

Onthebeachholidays's Response to StevenNeil's Review

Written on: 17/11/2016

Thank you for the feedback.

Usually you would be able to pre-book the seats via your MYB account, I can only apologise if you experienced issue with this though our service team will be available for assistance.

The admin fees for any changes are advised at the time of booking within the terms of business that have been agreed to by requesting the order therefore we would be under the impression you are aware of these, they are also again provided when submitting any request online.

I'm sorry if any additional charge had been applied to the booking in error although we would immediately arrange a refund for this once realised, I hope you had successfully received the refund, please send a message via your MYB account if not.

If there was a flight cancellation we should be made aware before you arrive at the airport and would contact you to advise and discuss this, as the holiday is ATOL protected we would refund you for the cancelled products although as you have stated we cannot cover the costs of the hotel or other products if they are unwilling to provide the refund, as the ATOL protection provides cover for cancellation due to the supplier's fault, as the hotel and flight suppliers are different, the hotel supplier or On the Beach cannot cover the cost.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have cause, please feel free to contact our customer care team, if you would like assistance please send a message via your MYB account.

Dean

“ Hidden charges. Tel call with cost 60p/m”

Written on: 06/02/2016 by Larryf150 (1 review written)

Avoid At all costs. We booked flights for 6 to Greece for 2016. All fine when booking online. Then get a call about 4 hours later advising Thomson have increased their fares. I wasn't in a position to check at the time so went ahead. When I got online about an hour later the flights were still the same cost. Called otb to query and was told the system they book their flights from showed them having increased. Whilst on the phone to otb I web chatted to Thomson and they confirmed no increase… Read Full Review

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately as we are a third party agent we use an order placement website and need to confirm the order with the suppliers before confirming the holiday for you. There may sometimes be a delay in the pricing or availability being updated online therefore we would contact you to advise this and discuss the change in price, any suitable alternatives or if you want to we can cancel the order without charges or payments being applied.

Holidays booked through On the Beach may have an increase on individual products compare to the price if booked directly with them as booking directly with suppliers would provide you with the cheapest price possible however if you were to book several items on the same booking, this may usually work out at good value. These are not hidden charges, the prices on our website would usually include the extra amount however if the suppliers price has increased then we would need to update this and contact you to advise the difference.

Our number may be premium rate although this is your standard network rate plus 10p per minute.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

“Avoid avoid avoid”

Written on: 22/01/2016 by Craftycarper2004 (1 review written)

Still awaiting a refund for my holiday 2 months after On The Beach cancelled it. There excuse is that the airline has not refunded them so they will not refund me and will not do so until the airline refund them! If they cannot afford to refund me £450 what does this tell you about them, are they really financially a safe company to give your hard earned money to? I used them as they were cheaper than the mainstream companies but the old saying "you get what you pay for" is so true, a… Read Full Review

Natty6's Response to Craftycarper2004's Review

Written on: 26/03/2016

I'm in the same situation as you. Cancelled my holiday to Turkey within 24 hours due to the Terrorism going on at the moment - £1500 they were so unsympathetic unhelpful and didn't even offer a destination change all I was given was a reduced cancellation fee which meant i still lose my full deposit of £1500.
I went straight to Thomas Cook explained everything. Completely lost all hope as I was going in circles but was not going to give up, kept emailing and tweeting TC then out of the blue i received a call from TC saying they would grant me a full refund 3 weeks later I 'm still waiting for my money but i'm not giving up!

ON THE BEACH ARE THE WORST HOLIDAY PROVIDERS EVER!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS BETTER TO PAY A BIT MORE

Onthebeachholidays's Response to Craftycarper2004's Review

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately we are a third party agent and cannot cover the refund due from suppliers, this is not because we cannot supply the funds, it is because the supplier is responsible for the refund and we cannot cover their costs.

I'm sorry you are unhappy with the service however I can assure you that we will do everything we can to provide the refund for you as soon as possible, I hope you have now received this and if you have any issues, please send a message via your MYB account.

Dean

“If you want a holiday DO NOT GO HERE!!!”

Written on: 18/01/2016 by Deborahyates (1 review written)

booked a holiday on 14/1/16 and put a £500 deposit down, to be called 48 hours later to say there has been a problem with their suppliers and flight had gone up by £261 after refusing to pay the additional charge, I asked for a supervisor to call me to discuss to which I was advised they would ring back within 24 hours. (I was happy to wait). then to get home from work to an email saying that the agent I spoke to (Omar) had cancelled our holiday and was going to refund money, I then rang up… Read Full Review

Jonnyboy57's Response to Deborahyates's Review

Written on: 30/01/2016

sounds typical ,try your credit card or you may have legal cover on your home insurance breach of contract

Onthebeachholidays's Response to Deborahyates's Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Unfortunately we are a third party agent and use an order placement website, as advised within the terms of business we need to confirm the order with the suppliers before we can confirm the holiday for you, if the price or availability has changed we would then contact you back to discuss the change in price, any suitable alternatives or if you would like to cancel the booking with no charges applied.

As the agents are here to answer the calls and provide assistance we cannot guarantee the manager would be able to take over the call, though a call-back can be requested. This call-back would be at the manager's discretion, if the agent has provided any and all information to explain the problem and the manager cannot provide any further comments, the call-back may be dismissed as they would not be able to do anything differently, the additional charges or availability or dependant on the suppliers therefore we cannot apply any further reductions on the cost.

I can only apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Mikeredhill's Response to Deborahyates's Review

Written on: 02/03/2016

thank you very much for your review! I have made a booking but managed to transfer money out the account so it will not be charged. Cheers!

Hanginthere's Response to Deborahyates's Review

Written on: 14/02/2016

We had an absolute nightmare with this company it took ten months to sort but when we got the legal company DAS on too it they got our money BACK!!! Thanks DAS.Even when we got ABTA involved they sat on the fence and weren't much use. Just don't give in and tell the world how bad on the beach are.

“Do not use”

Written on: 16/01/2016 by 187Corcoran (1 review written)

Do not use. Our holiday was cancelled 7 weeks ago and still no sign of a refund. Plus there are always hidden charges… Read Full Review

Jonnyboy57's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2016

credit card cover section 73 , legal cover home insurance, been there, seen it ,done it .

Thank you for your feedback.

If there are any refunds due on the booking they should be available to collect within a matter of days however if we need the supplier to provide the refund, this could then take up to 28 days.

We do not have any hidden charges, our terms of business will point out any admin fees that apply to changes on the booking and any surcharge or transaction fees are advised at the time of booking.

I apologise for the wait and hope you have now successfully received the refund, if you need assistance with this please send a message via your MYB account.

onthebeach.co.uk