E & L Wedding Insurance Reviews - www.eandl.co.uk

E and L Wedding Insurance www.eandl.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for E and L Wedding Insurance www.eandl.co.uk

E and L Wedding Insurance www.eandl.co.uk

“AVOID THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 14/09/2013 by BridesMum2 (1 review written)

I took a policy online with E & L Wedding Insurance for my daughter's wedding, when the premium appeared on my credit card statement they had taken too much. I tried to phone and the only time I got an answer was at 2.45pm on a Tuesday afternoon when I was told they were closed and to phone back later. I emailed , faxed and wrote to them, but had no response at all. In the end I applied to my credit card and they arranged a full refund for me. I took out a policy with another company , I phoned… Read Full Review

“Read the small print”

Written on: 09/07/2012

I insured my Daughters wedding with E&L Wedding insurance, unfortunatley the couple have had a change of heart and I have already paid out £3000.00 in deposits, to Hotel, Photographers, Dress & Stationary. When I phoned to see if I was covered I was told they do not insure for "Change of Heart".I thought the whole idea of insuring the wedding would be to take into account that these things do happen… Read Full Review

Chocolatecookie's Comment

Written on: 08/01/2013

I understand she is your daughter. But if they had a change of heart maybe you should have thought of asking your daughter and her partner to pay you back on all the deposits you paid. I know I would! If my Mum had helped pay for my wedding and myself or my partner decided to cancel. Paying her back would be a no-brainer! Insurance is to cover for events or circumstances beyond your control. Your daughter & partner I assume made the choice to get married and then made the choice to change their minds.

Will.ashton's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

Had you read the policy documents prior to taking out the insurance? and when you receive your copy? why would change of heart be covered under a wedding policy I mean get real

“Rubbish company”

Written on: 10/03/2012 by Cazreed (1 review written)

I have paid 3 times for my wedding insurance with this company and have now received 3 letters confirming that the payment has been rejected. I have spoken to my bank who has confirmed that there is no problem with this payment as money is in my account so the problem has got to be their end. Now I know why their insurance is so cheap - going to cancel this policy and use another provider as I don't need this hassle whilst trying to organise my wedding as well. If anything did go wrong as… Read Full Review

“I insured my daughters wedding with E and L. It was...”

Written on: 23/03/2011

I insured my daughters wedding with E and L. It was held on 18th. December the day the snow came down. Less than half the guests managed to get to Church or Reception. Video pphotographer was late arriving, flowers did not arrive, bride went to Church in 4 x 4. Vicar was stand in as original Vicar could not get there. All guests that did arrive left immediately after meal as they were frightened they would not get home. E and L paid £100 goodwill gesture. Horrified and taken claim to… Read Full Review

“This company never read the FSA regs to you when you...”

Written on: 02/01/2011

This company never read the FSA regs to you when you rang & couldnt process my payment after several attempts. I was very worried when I rang & was given someone elses bank details on my account. After deciding to let the policy lapse and 6 months later E & L too £225 out of my bank account without notification it took them 3 days to refund me the cash after they said it was a technical glitch. Horrendous service! If they cant take a payment how on earth could they process a claim? 0/5 if I… Read Full Review

“ABout to cancel my cycle insurance with this company. ”

Written on: 15/06/2010

ABout to cancel my cycle insurance with this company.
Took it out as they seemed perfectly ok, but I am now discovering that they clearly are not.
Received a letter today 15/6 telling me that there were policy enhancements available, assumed it was just offering me a better policy so went to throw it in the bin. Only when i read it very very carefully did i discover that unless i contacted them in writing or by phone, these enhancements would be automatic, and they would increase my direct… Read Full Review

Adman Ii's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2010

Says a lot when you place a cycle insurance comment on a wedding site !!!!!Read your policy wording if you are capable.

“I was looking for wedding insurance and was told that...”

Written on: 27/08/2009

I was looking for wedding insurance and was told that E&L would cover it so thought I would take a look. Having experienced E and L with horse insurance in the past I was sceptical and having read the reviews here have discovered they treat their bridal customers much the same as their equestrian ones!
I will be looking elsewhere.
Only rated as unable to pass a 'no comment'… Read Full Review

“We had to rearrange our wedding with just a few weeks...”

Written on: 24/08/2009

We had to rearrange our wedding with just a few weeks to go as the venue went bankrupt, we really couldn't afford the extra costs as we had already paid registras, room hire and other deposits - but we were fully insured for the extra costs, so we thought. To save money on the re-arrangements we even cut back on or cancelled lots of the things that make a wedding special, like the hen party, having my hair & makeup done, chair covers, bridal flowers and buttonholes (I had to take an extra… Read Full Review

Richardwb's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2010

I found this review very helpful because it gave fair warning about how bad this company is. Damning reviews are often more helpful than good ones!

Alan Campbell's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2010

I found this review very helpful because...as the company concerened are not very 'customer orienated' will be looking elswhere!!

Splottlandsonthemoors's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because it gave me a heads up on a company to avoid based on a first-hand experience.

“E and L Wedding Insurance renewed a policy...”

Written on: 17/08/2009

E and L Wedding Insurance renewed a policy automatically that I intended to cancel.

I emailed them, but got no response, so phoned 3 days later and got told cancelling the policy was no problem and they would post me a cheque.

5 weeks and a few calls later, still no cheque, so they cancel the one they've sent and say they will send another. I receive a cheque after 6 weeks, pay it in but it has been stopped.

Another 2 weeks since they said they would send the new cheque and nothing has… Read Full Review

“Had my photo equipment stolen from my car, E&L Wedding...”

Written on: 11/08/2009

Had my photo equipment stolen from my car, E&L Wedding Insurance are refusing to pay out as there where no visiable signs of entry. I have given all the details required i.e police crime number, photos of equipment stolen, receipts etc, but they are still refusing. My advise would be to stay well away from E&L for any type of insurance, as they are no better than the people who steel your goods. Wish I checked them out before insuring the tools of my trade with them. The claim is still on going… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“After giving my correct payment details on the...”

Written on: 24/01/2008

After giving my correct payment details on the Internet I received a letter stating that my payment could not be processed. I called and checked all was ok and was told the payment would go through. Then a week later I got the same letter again. Too… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“In early March 2007, I had an accident with my wedding...”

Written on: 04/06/2007 by LunaMoon (2 reviews written)

In early March 2007, I had an accident with my wedding dress and tore it at the front. I called E and L Wedding Insurance on the 16th March 2007 to request a claim form, and it never appeared. I rang to request it again, and the member of staff suggested I get a quote for a replacement dress. I told him that my dress had been discontinued. He said if I got a confirmation email from the supplier confirming that fact, then that would be fine, and they would refund the cost of my dress providing… Read Full Review

Jammyrhona's Response to LunaMoon's Review

Written on: 12/08/2007

I found this review helpful because...
<br/>Exactly the kind of review I am looking for - I don't want to know how they rate on prices and websites when signing up, I want to know what they do when you need to make a claim. Will be steering well clear of E and L Wedding Insurance for my wedding!

Splottlandsonthemoors's Response to LunaMoon's Review

Written on: 20/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because it gave me a specific example of the hassle you want to avoid should something go wrong! Surely the purpose most people get insurance in the first place.

Mummybride's Response to LunaMoon's Review

Written on: 24/09/2009

I found this review very helpful because...i was going to use e&l as my wedding insurers but whats the point they sound really bad

347500_Hamish853's Response to LunaMoon's Review

Written on: 25/02/2008

I found this review helpful because... I am looking for wedding insurance that doesn't give you a headache if you should need to claim. This answers my question about this insurer how I will not now be using!

☆☆☆☆☆

“An opportunist thief entered my house and stole my...”

Written on: 23/04/2007 by jagblade (1 review written)

An opportunist thief entered my house and stole my Nikon D100 with SB600 Flash and brand new 18-200mm lens.
Total amount - £1500. It it took them 10 days to send out a claims form!
6 weeks later they told me they were not 'paying out', as my door had not been locked!
It was 6pm and 7 members of the family were in the house at the time.
I believe the thief may have taken the keys to my sons car as well. Car insurance paid no 'quibble'.
I am currently in negotiations with the firm… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Took out cover with E & L 26.12, now 2.2.06 and I have...”

Written on: 02/02/2006 by rabbit with a habit (1 review written)

Took out cover with E & L 26.12, now 2.2.06 and I have wasted weeks trying to sort out errors on my policy. I sent my cheque and policy details to commence cover and the cheque appears to be lost. I am looking elsewhere. Sadly, great value cancelled out by poor admin and customer service… Read Full Review