Nokian All Season Reviews

• How do you rate the road handling?

Nokian All Season - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nokian All Season

Nokian All Season

“Garbage!”

Written on: 05/10/2013

50'000 km on these tires, lots of hopping on the road, one tire belt separated, called re warranty and mfg. will not honor warranty because it's "not transferable" from original owner. These tires are complete garbage, do NOT recommend… Read Full Review

“Nokian Vativa”

Written on: 09/03/2013

Chev 2500HD, 4dr,7ft box, 245-75R-16 E, only got 51,000km out of theses tires. Bad cupping at 45,000km, had suspension and alignment checked and were not the problem. They performed ok till cupping but, this is very poor mileage considering the price paid. I would not reccomend… Read Full Review

“Choose a different tire”

Written on: 16/03/2012

I got less than 20,000 miles out of these and they are already going bald. I had to have them rotated every other month because they made such a noise. The are the worst all season tire I have ever purchased. They are terrible on wet roads… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 14/05/2012

i agree but that pass the E mark hugh ?

“I have had to have them rebalanced serveral times in...”

Written on: 28/02/2011

I have had to have them rebalanced serveral times in 1st month of ownership. They seem to be still vibrating and I can tell if it just the tire or a balancing issue. I have to say if I had to do it again, I would choose another brand. They claim to have low rolling resisitance but I think it is because they are soooo hard. That is why I feel every pebble in the roard... They were also over $800.00 CAD and I expected a much better tire for this price… Read Full Review

Nomorenokian's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2012

I also have Nokian all season radials on two sport utility vehicles. Had good experiences on 2 previous sets, but now, both cars have vibrating tires. Harding tire in Worcester MA says they dont feel it, thats odd, the sun visors actually shake in front of your face, kind of hard to miss. I brought my car back 3 times, they charged me for balancing the last time, not cool. Harding Tire wont replace the tires, and wont accept that something is now wrong with Nokian tires. We will never go back, and will never do Nokians again thatsfor sure.

“195/55 R16 Nokian WR M+S all season. ”

Written on: 15/02/2011

195/55 R16 Nokian WR M+S all season.

In all fairness this tire simply doesn't work with my XRS. The wet weather grip is severely below what I would expect for this wintery all season tire. Any exuberance from a stoplight in the rain causes a wheel to spin and pedestrians to stare or look back. And it gets ten times worse if I'm starting on a hill. It seems okay on the highway but I did have some hydroplane incidents after a heavy rain fall. Standing start dry grip is below average for a all… Read Full Review

“I give tires some pretty rough use. I live in Montana...”

Written on: 21/11/2010 by chiarored (1 review written)

I give tires some pretty rough use. I live in Montana where in the winter it regularly gets -35 degrees F and dumps huge accumulations of snow and ice. Then in the summer it gets over 100 degrees at times and 90-95 is common. Choosing a tire that will work for all my situations is tough. I do a fair bit of off road driving, gravel and dirt road driving, and a lot of highway driving in the summer. I had a pair of Toyo open road A/T that gave me great on road performance and I got 75,000 miles… Read Full Review

“Purchased the Nokian All Season tires (265 70 17) and...”

Written on: 08/02/2008 by eslrichey (1 review written)

Purchased the Nokian All Season tires (265 70 17) and had them mounted during a snowstorm that deposited 16 inches. From the moment I left the shop I could tell these tires gripped VERY well, about as good as my Revos did, which cost a lot more, two trucks ago. These tires replaced my Hankooks, which completely sucked in rain, let alone snow. Back to the Vatiiva A/T. Breaking hard in snow, very little slippage. The day prior, my Hankooks with ABS braking, locked up from 50 yards out and into… Read Full Review

Chiarored's Response to 343927_eslrichey's Review

Written on: 21/11/2010

I found this review helpful because...It was concise and seemed to be fair and unbiased.

“Great tires. Buying a 2nd set for my new car. I've...”

Written on: 05/02/2008 by kcaptaink (1 review written)

Great tires. Buying a 2nd set for my new car. I've only had these for 5000km and so far they are problem free. Gives me confidence that I will get anywhere I want to go in the most snowy conditions. Looks nice and meaty for SUVs… Read Full Review

“In my experience this is the worst tracking all season...”

Written on: 20/12/2007

In my experience this is the worst tracking all season tire I have ever used. The tire was fine for summer use, but my handling is unstable in any depth of snow over a dusting. I skid when stopping at any speed above 8 mph in snow… Read Full Review

Chiarored's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2010

I found this review not helpful because...When you find one odd duck claiming the opposite of the bulk of the other reviews there is something wrong other than poor performance from tires.

Fps_Dean's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2013

These tires are known for being far ahead of other all season tires -- are you sure you are reviewing the right tire?

☆☆☆☆☆

“I purchased these tires for winter driving in southern...”

Written on: 14/12/2007 by Nokianjunk (1 review written)

I purchased these tires for winter driving in southern co. Haak 2 eco stud 195/65 /R15. I used these tires for approx 500miles, they were dismounted and correctly stored for summer. Upon re-mounting for winter, one of the tires showed 2 grapefruit size protrusions on the sidewall. Remember these tires had been in storage and not in use. The rubber was so thin I could almost push my finger through the protrusions.'
The tire was sent back to Denver CO, Nokian rep, which told me the damage was due… Read Full Review

Ericstewart's Response to Nokianjunk's Review

Written on: 28/12/2007

First of all, they are not all season tires. The Hakkapeliitta line is a winter tire. Second, the call as to whether the representative from Nokian will honour your warranty or not is a judgement one. They judged that you had abused the tires.
<br/>I've been using Nokian winter tires for over 20 years and have always been well satisfied with them. It's too bad you had a negative experience with them but I can assure you that this is not representative of the brand as a whole.
<br/>
<br/>/Eric

Chiarored's Response to Nokianjunk's Review

Written on: 21/11/2010

I found this review not helpful because...I always look to see what kind of reviews a product gets and I always find, no matter how good the product is that there is some guy or two who causes their own problem and then wants the company to cover their mistake. If he had been running on a gravel road, and lightly hit a rock and felt that they were just too easily damaged that is one thing but to suggest that when they came off the car they were fine and the minute they were remounted they had balloons on the sidewall , c'mon who does this guy think he's fooling. I have had The Vatiiva A/T for a fairly short time but they are a fabulous tyre and I feel I can say this confidently because I ran the much older Haakapalita WMR (I think that was the designation) anyway it was considered an All-Weather and carried the snow and ice symbol (ice crystal in a mountain outline). I had them on a Subaru and was told they had great traction but didn't deal well with gravel roads. I bought them anyway and ran them on 16 miles of gravel 3 or 4 times a week. I had amazing ice and snow traction, and even running them back and forth to CA. in the summer (all season predecessor of WR) I got 47,000 miles. They were awesome tires. Then I put the WR on the same Subaru LAgacy and they are still running well with over 35,000 miles on them. Then put the WRG2 I think on My girlfriends Honda and they are wearing well too. All this in tough Montana Service where we have a lot of tough conditions... cold and snowy/icy winters and summers that are up to 100 degrees hot and wear out softer compounds. The Nokian compounds hold up well to heat and summer driving but the unique syping they use makes them excellent on ice. The Vatiiva A/T I now have on my Toyota 4runner is far better than the toyo open road A/T I had on Ice and snow and seems to be wearing very well too.

“Should not be classified as an all season.”

Written on: 06/12/2007

Should not be classified as an all season… Read Full Review

“I bought a full set of Nokian 205/55 V16 all season...”

Written on: 31/01/2006 by davebaker (1 review written)

I bought a full set of Nokian 205/55 V16 all season tyres for my Saab 9000 Aero (225bhp) in January 2004. The total price, including fitting/valves and balancing was £240.

I am just about to replace them this week i.e. 31st January 2006, and there is still about 4mm of tread left after 41,000 miles on a heavy 4 wheel drive car. They have never lost traction or needed re-balancing!… Read Full Review