Qawra, Mavina Holiday Complex Reviews

Qawra, Mavina Holiday Complex - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Qawra, Mavina Holiday Complex

Qawra, Mavina Holiday Complex

“We have just returned from a ten day stay at the...”

Written on: 25/10/2012 by Doggie2006 (1 review written)

We have just returned from a ten day stay at the marina complex in October 2012 and I must say we was not impressed the room I found a bit dirty the food was not at a standard that you could say that was nice the staff I thought were ignorant there wasn't much for children to do I would not recommend this hotel to any one I'm sorry to say… Read Full Review

“very, much in need of a total refurb”

Written on: 01/11/2011

Was not expecting anything too much, hoping for clean. First impression of the room - dated, how I would imagine a student hostel would be. Worktops clean. Front of cupboards greasy. In between cooker and cupboard old food still there. 1 plastic chair available on sitting area. Fridge, rusty. Items of shopping seemed to go amiss a couple of times. 1 set of towels for the week. 1 set of sheets for week. Rubbish taken out daily. Slept on top of beds for the week, luckily it was… Read Full Review

“Stayed for 2 weeks at the Mavina Holiday Complex in...”

Written on: 25/06/2009 by delmonty (1 review written)

Stayed for 2 weeks at the Mavina Holiday Complex in June 2009. Booked through Chevron self catering.
The staff were all very friendly and extremely helpful.
The room was clean and contained everything you would need for s/c including 4 of everything ie plates, bowls, egg cups and cutlery. Pyrex dishes, cork screw and tin opener.
All the guests seemed happy and no one was complaining.
There is plenty night life around but no noise as has been a problem in the past. The hotel doesn't have… Read Full Review

“The Mavina Holiday Complex had loads of hot water...”

Written on: 25/03/2009 by padger (1 review written)

The Mavina Holiday Complex had loads of hot water daily towel change staff and cleaners very polite and pleasant central for everything though the complex is looking very tired and cuold do with lots of t.l.c… Read Full Review

“We have just returned after 4 weeks hols, the hotel is...”

Written on: 10/02/2009 by delphelfs (1 review written)

We have just returned after 4 weeks hols, the hotel is in the centre of Qawra and I think ideal for the older guest .There are plenty of bars and the night life is soso. A trip to GOZO is a must The Mavina is looking very tired and in my opinion in need of a face lift, the food was sometimes cold the noise level from the bar next door had many of the guest's complaining, the hotels rooms themselves were good… Read Full Review

“This hotel is close to alot of nightlife because it is...”

Written on: 04/02/2008

This hotel is close to alot of nightlife because it is inbetween buggiba and qwara so this is the place to be if you want a relaxing holidays.
Just got to watch out for people standing outside other local hotels trying to offer you a better deal. They are a waste of time, believe me, i got dragged into 4… Read Full Review

“the mavia may not suit all, but it does us although we...”

Written on: 02/12/2007

the mavia may not suit all, but it does us although we do not spend time at the pool or the bar… Read Full Review

“I was at the Mavina for two weeks and I really enjoyed...”

Written on: 18/11/2007 by halcyonhalogen (1 review written)

I was at the Mavina for two weeks and I really enjoyed my holiday. It's not a big hotel. There is a bar area where people sit to watch TV. Actually, the hotel has just opened a separate TV room as well. The pool looks nice. A good sun trap but no view to speak of. There is also a games room with two pool tables and a secure luggage room. Internet available in the lobby.

For me it was the staff that made it. It took a week for me to settle in but I liked the "family" feel of the place. Bugibba… Read Full Review

Symonsgray's Response to halcyonhalogen's Review

Written on: 09/08/2008

I found this review helpful because I have not been to the Mavina, but have had it recommended to me.
<br/>
<br/>I love Malta and think that the people make the place what it is - Just wonderful.

418885_R Doyle's Response to halcyonhalogen's Review

Written on: 19/11/2008

We are going for a month in Jan. 09. Anybody been in Jan 08 or Dec 08 any advise please.