Yamaha YTR-6335HSMV Mike Vax Bb Reviews

• Appearance

Yamaha YTR-6335HSMV Mike Vax Bb - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Yamaha YTR-6335HSMV Mike Vax Bb

Yamaha YTR-6335HSMV Mike Vax Bb

“I have never been more satisfied with a horn, I played...”

Written on: 22/11/2007 by abbazabba (1 review written)

I have never been more satisfied with a horn, I played every professional model Yamaha, Bach, B&S, and in a straight up test the Mike Vax won out hands down because the upper register was exactly where I wanted it. Great lead horn, and if you really need the dark sound, play a flugel horn… Read Full Review

Yamaha YTR-6335HSMV Mike Vax Bb

“The Yamaha YTR-6335HSMV Mike Vax Bb horn replaced my...”

Written on: 28/01/2006 by ethanmatthes (3 reviews written)

The Yamaha YTR-6335HSMV Mike Vax Bb horn replaced my old Bb Bach Strad. 72-bell of 13 years. Both are nice horns, but there are some trade-offs: Bob Malone was consulted in the design of the Yamaha, and he is known for getting his trumpets to produce consistent timbre in all registers. This is true! The Yamaha is very consistent.

Most of the time, this is nice, but at times, I also miss my old Bach for its inconsistencies. That is, it sounded dark and warm in the low registers, and brilliant… Read Full Review