Yamaha APX4A Reviews

• Appearance

Yamaha APX4A - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Yamaha APX4A

Yamaha APX4A

“I brought a trade in one today from a shop that first...”

Written on: 24/03/2011

I brought a trade in one today from a shop that first sold it I paid £170 today march 2001. Looks almost new.
I like it because it has slimmer body so no more dead hands.
Nice to play feels like a comfortable neck. I have hugh hands and i feel ok on this neck and frets.
Looks ok, brownish body top.
The bodys back and sides i believe to be a form of nice dark greyish plastic. Looks ok to me.

I am happy with this guitar.
Kerry Carot… Read Full Review

Yamaha APX4A

“I bought the Yamaha APX-4a a while ago and used it...”

Written on: 16/09/2009 by chrisNoggin the Nogjones (1 review written)

I bought the Yamaha APX-4a a while ago and used it just for slide playing as the action was poor. It sounded great through an amp. I have recently had a professional set up, and had 5mm cut off the bridge to take the action down to a very good level, had Ernie Ball strings for electro acoustic put on it..and the sound is even better and must admit it sounds like a guitar much more expensive...I will be using it to gig with along with my Gibson SG and Fender Tele...I have tried far more… Read Full Review

Yamaha APX4A

“I am satisfied ,i have compared it to the tak and the...”

Written on: 04/01/2009 by joe mcfadden (1 review written)

I am satisfied ,i have compared it to the tak and the ibanez and for the difference in money the sound is very clear and the choice as well is not always money .
truely what sold me is the e.g maybe its just this particular unit ,how its all been assembled but i have to say, this is really how it was meant to be put together and i hope every yamaha apx4a was done identical to this one, i know i am better and more fluid using this guitar ,not only do i feel it, more importantly ,and thankfully… Read Full Review

Yamaha APX4A

“The Yamaha APX4A is a budget guitar that can take...”

Written on: 27/08/2008

The Yamaha APX4A is a budget guitar that can take professional use. Very playable. Neat design. Compact. It does have a broken glass treble but not many guitars under £1000 are any better… Read Full Review

Yamaha APX4A

“I've had this guitar for 12 years and it's been a...”

Written on: 17/03/2008

I've had this guitar for 12 years and it's been a trusty little instrument. It stays in tune well, can survive surprisingly hard falls (I'm prone to clumsiness) has great volume considering the smaller than standard sound box. The cut away and it's slightly narrow fretboard make it really easy to move around on and to get the thumb over. My only complaint is that after 12 years it still sounds like the day it was bought, it's lack of solid top means it will never mellow or become any richer in… Read Full Review

Yamaha APX4A

“The Yamaha APX 4A guitar in sunburst has an...”

Written on: 28/01/2006 by Joe Autenrieth (19 reviews written)

The Yamaha APX 4A guitar in sunburst has an under-bridge piezo pickup, preamp with volume, treble and bass knobs. The knobs can be pushed and locked.

With its cutaway, it is an easy to use guitar which allows high-position access. The sound is clear, and has lots of high frequency, and enough middle and bass amounts. It is very good as an acoustic guitar which is well equipped to be played over a pa. For this reason I put my review to the "electric guitars".

The APX4A is no longer available… Read Full Review