Foam Source 8 Inch Nu-Lex Mattress Reviews

Foam Source 8 Inch Nu-Lex Mattress - Ask a question now

“8" Nulex Latex Mattress”

Written on: 04/10/2012 by srockwell4236 (1 review written)

I got my latex mattress about 2 years ago from Foamsource (their showroom in Boulder CO is called Boulder Comforts) It was time for a new mattress and I wanted something more natural They have a showroom in Boulder a friend told me about so I went in to try out their selection of latex mattresses. They were very knowledgeable about their mattresses and really educated me about the different latex choices. I'd already been to a couple different mattress stores in town and didn't get nearly… Read Full Review

“Boulder Comforts 100% Natural 10" Latex Mattress - Nu-Lex”

Written on: 24/11/2011 by sarends (1 review written)

Been sleeping on our new king size 10\" Nu-Lex 100% Talalay mattress for two nights now. We are both in love with this mattress! We had a king inner spring with bottom and top pillow tops for 10 years - it was a good mattress,bit for the past three years we became increasingly aware that it was wearing out - we had to keep flipping it to keep out of the slight ruts it was forming. We bought a memory foam for our 13 yr old daughter about 3 months ago - she loves it. We thought we would try it… Read Full Review

“We bought the Foam Source med base and the soft...”

Written on: 28/01/2006 by micdenver (1 review written)

We bought the Foam Source med base and the soft topper. This bed has helped my back tremendously. It appears to also increase my circulation. It is not like sleeping on a plush top regular mattress. You don't have the plush luxury feeling. But when laying on it you don't feel any pressure points. Your back is well supported. We tried a memory foam just before this but the fumes really bothered me. We were replacing a 3 yr old spring mattress that never was quite right. However, we tried 3… Read Full Review

Vandupurohit's Response to micdenver's Review

Written on: 11/07/2010

hi there. yours is the only review i've seen of a foam source mattress. my husband and i ordered a similar mattress to yours..you got the nulex which is 100% talalay, and we got the 100% dunlop, also 8", med base, and soft top.
<br/>
<br/>we're in dc so we had to order it online. there are no stores here that carry latex mattress except ikea but they have cheaper quality ones. so i had to go with on-line, and after researching, i feel foam source is a good brand. it's of course always hard when you can't try a mattress ahead of time. but i hate spring mattresses. i'm curious, your review is from 2006. how have you found your mattress since then? and, did you get to try the dunlop version when you were at the store? if so, why did you choose the nulex talalay over the dunlop.
<br/>i'm praying we like our mattress.
<br/>
<br/>thanks for your review. why aren't there more? i'm surprised.
<br/>
<br/>vandana from wash d.c.

Amattmiller's reply to Vandupurohit's Comment

Written on: 25/11/2012

Hi Vandana,

I am in the same boat as you were back in 2010. We are looking at the foam source latex mattress as well but there aren't a lot of reviews out there. Seeing Micdenver's response below I was wondering if you could share what your experience turned out to be.

Thanks,

Aaron

Micdenver's reply to Amattmiller's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2012

Hi Aaron,

Micdenver here. We did solve the smell problem. We found out from another latex mattress sales person that latex smells when it gets wet. So we took off the top of the foam source provided wool cover and aired the mattress out. We kept the casing around the sides and underneath so it would keep its shape. Then we spread a 12 lb bag of baking soda all throughout the two layers and encased the whole thing in a waterproof bedbug cover from Linens and Things. We then bought our own wool mattress pad on-line and put this over the top. Since then no smell.

As near as I can tell with the excessive heat this summer the moisture from our bodies must have started to build up in the mattress. We still have it turned 90 degrees due to body impressions but were back to being happy with the mattress.

Micdenver's Response to micdenver's Review

Written on: 22/09/2012

This is micdenver in 2012. I would like to revise my review down to one star. After a couple of years the mattress developed body impressions. But we solved it by rotating it 90 degrees (this works with a king but not other sizes). However that is not the reason I am unhappy. Our mattress is outgassing latex smell like crazy. We've contacted the company and they can do nothing because after it airs out and I took it back the smell was the normal latex smell. But if you close it up in a room for a day the smell permeates the room. Very disappointed! Now were on a quest to buy a new mattress after only 7 yrs. The 20 yr warranty is worthless. Sorry to take so long to update. I didn't see the other comment until I came back on here.