Laney R3 Reviews

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Laney R3 - Ask a question now

Laney R3

“The Laney R3 bass amp has flexible tone shaping. Lots...”

Written on: 27/09/2006 by happymatty (4 reviews written)

The Laney R3 bass amp has flexible tone shaping. Lots of different good sounds can come out of it. It is made to drive a 410 and 115, so it can be part of a very large rig, and it is easy to use. I have used this head with a 410 for about 6 hours in total, and I have had no problems with it. In fact I am saving for one, and a 2 15 at the moment… Read Full Review

Laney R3

“I've been searching for at least a 100W combo for an...”

Written on: 26/01/2006 by Treydar (1 review written)

I've been searching for at least a 100W combo for an acceptable price, with the largest loud-speaker and with horn. Laney was the first I thought about - I have a HCM15B, and it's a real little monster.

So I first tested the HCM160B, which "just" has a single 15" driver. It was loud and the sound was hard; a bit too hard for me, although it's a great hard rock amp. Then a guy from the shop showed me the R3 - it's natural sound is better than the HCM. After playing for 30 minutes on both of… Read Full Review